Closed Thread
Page 42 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Also SoReady do you know how your other 2 embryos are going or do you have to wait until tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    that's great news, wow they went from 3 to 10 in a day - that's awesome! did they transfer a 10 cell? They said they would call me on Tuesday with the update on freezing. I only had an 8 cell transferred and the other two had only moved to 6 & 7 cells so hopefully they pick up a bit.

for the bt they said 31st or 1st but I am flying out really early on the 31st and not back until late on the 1st. They said the 30th would be too early. I might just make it from the airport to them Friday afternoon so will check with them Tuesday if I do that then hopefully I might be able to get the results on Saturday, such a pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 Nov blood test.... me too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Round 2: IVF with icsi and a side of OHSS

Our last cycle was not successful, but we got 1 beautiful frozen embryo out of it. We went into a second egg collection cycle this month to ensure there is a backup plan whether I get preggo this cycle or not.

Second cycle went too well with 17 eggs, 14 mature, collected last Tuesday... and unfortunately, now I have OHSS.

6 of the 14 viable eggs fertilized and we transferred one excellent quality 8 cell on Day 3 (Friday) that was already turning into a blastocyst. The embryologist said on Day 3 that the other 5 were still developing, so fingers crossed for a few frosties so that I never have to do another egg collection! Because OHSS sucks!

I've been periodically projectile vomiting to the point I can't even keep down fluids and so violently I was peeing myself. It's like my stomach just wasn't processing anything any more, tight and unmoving, even fluids. Last night I was on the verge of heading to the ER when I think I ran out of things to throw up.

Resting up now but due to head back to work tomorrow (Monday) and I'm hoping what I've been reading about OHSS is exaggerated. And if getting pregnant extends or worsens the symptoms , I'm not that keen on a BFP this month if I'm being perfectly honest. Perhaps that's the vom afterglow speaking.

Talk about something to keep you occupied during the 2WW!

I also have a "golf ball sized" fibroid, and very small septate (avascular area in my uterus) I will have taken care of before any more transfers, if this round is not successful.

1 November is my test date...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Francesthecat - good luck Tuesday with the transfer hun.

Lizzy - Great news on being PUPO!! I bet 1st November can't come around quick enough!! I finally start injections the day after, god it is driving me crazy just sitting around taking the pill waiting day after day!

Sharlie - so sorry to hear you have ahad a rough time with OHSS. God my FS keeps telling me it is rare and all I keep reading about on the forums is women getting OHSS! I think it scares me more than anything else in the whole process.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoReady I just asked hubby & it was 8 cell so same as yours.the other 2 were 8 & ?7. When are you having acupuncture again? I didn't really get that much info from embryologyst about why so few fertilised she said 2 of the 8 didn't survive having icsi done to them but that's about all they could tell us. I hate being 'unexplained fert' I just wish i knew something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I haven't posted in a few days but have been keeping track of everybody. It looks like nov 1st is going to be a big day for a few of you! Good luck all.

AFM I had my Elonva injection on Thursday and start my oragultran tomorrow night and my first bt and scan this Thursday. I'm definitely having more side effects this time with the elonva compared to the gonal f last cycle. I hope that's a good sign.

Thanks
    Reviews
    glad your 1st jab went ok sparklemonkey. Chiefsgirl I had to do my synarel in the car the other night, at the airport, there were a few cars around too, prob thought I was sniffing other stuff lol. Congrats Soready, hope the TWW goes quick for u. Thanks Rozzie, Im really starting to get nervous now Welcome Rarah and gl with your next cycle, so sorry for your loss. Lizzyg, congrats on being PUPO , fx u get something to freeze, is this your 1st cycle? Gl for Tues frances Shell, I had my last scan friday and she said all looked good, I go back again tomorrow for another scan and BT, with your cycle u said u started to ovulate, what happened on day of EPU? Sorry u r going through such a hard time Sharlie, hope your feelin much better soon. Gl Rainbow rain, hope all goes well at your 1st scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome girls!

Lizzy and Soready - congrats on PUPO - hope the TWW goes quickly (and for everyone else at that stage of the journey)

Sharlie - sorry to hear about the OHSS that sucks - hope you feel for work tomorrow

Hope everyone else is going well - fingers crossed

AFM - AF turned up today - 4 days late but guess that is normal with synarel! My FS is putting me on menopur this cycle and have read some good things about this considering I have low AMH and poor egg quality - anyone have experience with menopur?

Thanks
    Reviews
    lizzy - unexplained must be hard, we have no known issues with egg or sperm, just I have fibroids and damaged/blocked tubes. That doesn't explain the m/c's though which is my biggest fear of happening again. your numbers sound good. fingers crossed. I am doing acupuncture again on Friday morning.

sharlie - sorry to hear you are unwell. I am surprised they went ahead with a transfer if you were showing signs of OHSS, I heard doing the transfer can make it worse? I really hope you feel better soon

good luck rainbow, booboo and sparklemonkey - hoping you get some good news at your scans.