Closed Thread
Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sharlee Welcome my fellow cairns girl My FS is away until the 28th and they won't take anyone on CD 1 before the 22nd so I am just stressing that af will come early, I hope your results come back good
    Freakedout I'm sorry they all didn't make it but six is still ok.
    Welcome Lashed, good luck with your stimming
    Hi to everyone else

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Lashed  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vixjc, I don't even know what dexamethasone is. That's not good that it messes up with your sleep. Do you find it hard to sleep? Or keep having broken sleep?

Wish, I'm really sorry you have to wait until next year. I hope next year is your year. I saw some of your posts in the other forum. I have everything crossed for you for next year. Hopefully the next few months fly for you

Freakedout, I know you feel down about the fertilization rate but hopefully these 6 are fighters and the ones that you need.

Lizzy, good luck with EPU on Thursday.

Welcome lashed, good luck with the stimming.

Hi to everyone else and hope everyone is having a good day

AFM, the tww is finally hitting me. This is the worst part of IVF for me. I much rather do 100 jabs than this. I have another week before BT. My boobs are no longer sore. My tummy isn't bloated anymore. Don't want to worry myself with the symptoms or the lack of. Easier said than done. Nothing I can do but trying to keep myself busy. I'm feeling ok now but up until 3 pm I was feeling quite emotional. Stay positive!! I've told myself that about hundred times today haha

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Lashed  (16-10-2013),Wishnhope  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Vixjc, I don't even know what dexamethasone is. That's not good that it messes up with your sleep. Do you find it hard to sleep? Or keep having broken sleep?

Wish, I'm really sorry you have to wait until next year. I hope next year is your year. I saw some of your posts in the other forum. I have everything crossed for you for next year. Hopefully the next few months fly for you

Freakedout, I know you feel down about the fertilization rate but hopefully these 6 are fighters and the ones that you need.

Lizzy, good luck with EPU on Thursday.

Welcome lashed, good luck with the stimming.

Hi to everyone else and hope everyone is having a good day

AFM, the tww is finally hitting me. This is the worst part of IVF for me. I much rather do 100 jabs than this. I have another week before BT. My boobs are no longer sore. My tummy isn't bloated anymore. Don't want to worry myself with the symptoms or the lack of. Easier said than done. Nothing I can do but trying to keep myself busy. I'm feeling ok now but up until 3 pm I was feeling quite emotional. Stay positive!! I've told myself that about hundred times today haha

I wish I could offer you advice for the 2ww but all i can say is just ride it out and stay as busy as you can. Soon you will know either way. I really do feel for you though the 2ww is the absolute worst a total emotional roller coaster. I have heard other people say that it is a good time to take up a new hobby... for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lizzyg - that's great news hun, hoping a few get a bit bigger for you also

Freakedout - Thanks for that, makes total sense. Always learning something new! I'm still trying to work out some of the abbreviations on here! haha. Sorry to hear you got only 6 embies from the 28 eggs but as you say, it just takes one! Take Care ok.

Sharlee32 & Lashed - Welcome! Lashed so sorry to hear of your loss

Minib - The dreaded 2ww. Hang in there, and try not to stress about the symptoms you no longer have and stay positive xx...can imagine you will be going crazy, how long until you can POAS if you decide to??

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Lashed  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you lovely ladies .

I had so much support when we lost our baby last time so I knew I had to come back to Bub Hub world when I started my IVF journey.

This looks like a very positive thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Freakedout - that is still a great number of embies!!! It may seem low because of the amount of eggs collected but 6 embies is a great result from an EPU!

Sharlee - I hope that you get to do your frozen transfer next month!

Minib - the TWW must be awful! At the moment the wait to have EPU and worrying about how DF will go with stimming is agonising however I know when we get to the next part it will just be more waiting and be more agonising!!! All we do is wait, wait, wait!!

Lashed - I am sorry to hear about your loss but welcome to the group! My DF will be injecting with Puregon on Thursday... Not sure what the main difference is between Puregon and Gonal though. Hopefully it won't be too long before you have a little embie on board

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

Lashed  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoReady just wanted to wish you all the best for EPU tomorrow. I'll be there on Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh ladies - so much going on!

Minib - Dexa is apparently a steroid, has something to do with keeping natural killer cells in check. Don't know what exactly, don't care, so long as it works That TWW must be dragging, but Ianne has started us off and its only a few more sleeps until your BFP x
    Freaked Out - 6 is awesome! You don't need 29 embies 6 will do just nicely - that's a full mini-van, two relay teams right there! Well done you
    SoReady and Lizzy - good luck for your EPU's on Wednesday and Thursday, so exciting! Will have everything crossed
    Lashed - I'm so very sorry about your loss x We wish you didn't have to be here, but given that you are - welcome to the lucky thread!
    Sharlee - hi! Welcome!
    Rainbow Babe - I've used Gonal F and Puregon (max dose 450) and was told the only difference between them is the manufacturer. I used Gonalf F first, then when I did Elonva for cycle 3 (a single injection that lasts for 7 days) and they wanted me to stimm a bit longer they got me to use Puregon because in all the trials for Elonva, Puregon was what had been used for additional stimming so they just stuck with it ... Gonal F is easier to use, but Puregon is not hard either really - kinda like the old fashioned fountain pen (don't think you're old enough to remember those!) - Menapur is the one that gets a bit tricky, mixing the fluids and pulling up the right amount into the needle, no air bubbles, blah blah blah... I'm not sure if someone alswered this already - but if you're understimmed, they stimm you a bit longer till the follies either make an EPU worthwhile, or they cancel the cycle. Having a cancelled cycle is crap - I've had 4. A cancelled cycle is not unusual on a first cycle when they are still working out how you will react to the meds, but becomes a lot less usual after cycle 1. All your hope is blown for that month, and all your stress and jabbing etc all goes nowhere. On the upside, you can usually start again straight away if you're doing antagonist cycles, they learn something about you, and how you react to the meds, and less importanty, but still relevant is that its cheaper than a failed cycle that got to EPU. I'm cheering you and DF on for a kick-a$$ first cycle!
    Rozzie - I wake up about two hours after going to sleep, then for the next three hours about every hour or 30 mins, then (when I assume the Dexa is wearing off cos I'm only a few hours from my next dose) I get about two hours good sleep. I'm trying to use yoga breathing to send me back to sleep each time I jolt awake.
    Phew - big post ... Sorry girls - I'm wordy, I can't help it

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

freakedout44  (15-10-2013),Lashed  (16-10-2013),rainbowbabe  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vix - thanks so much for that info!! And also for cheering us on We watched the DVD on how to use Puregon as soon as we got it lol. I'm hoping that DF stims okay! You're spot on with our concerns. It would be awful for DF to have gone through the stress and meds for "nothing" but what can you do right? At least they would learn something she has been doing a down reg cycle so don't know if she could start again straight after but hopefully we won't have to find out!

She has her first blood test and scan next Monday so we will see then I'm kinda surprised that they only have her stimming for 5 days before doing those tests - it happens that quick??

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowbabe - you're so sweet, you're DF is very lucky to have you by her side through this. I've had 3 very closely monitored cycles. Each time my 1st scan & BT has been 4-5 days after starting stims and follicles are still so tiny at this stage... Then I've gone on to have up to 4-5 more BT & scans... Crazy! And so frustrating but they were able to tell where I should be at and either increased or decreased my dose... Hopefully your DF will stim nicely and if she's lagging they increase her dose so no cycle gets cancelled - its happened twice to me so I know how horrible it is!! Everyone is different so can't compare but thought I'd share anyway. This cycle my 1st BT & scan is 7 days after I start stims (starting this friday!) so hopefully I'm nicely on my way by then!

When does/has everyone else had their first BT & scan?