Closed Thread
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to all the newbies... And hello again Emzy. Sorry you have all had to join us, but I have a great feeling about this bunch and I hope we all get our BFP'S!!! Just a quick update for me. The nurses checked in with me today to confirm our next cycle will be a little different.... We will be giving picsi a go this time round, which I am quite pleased about - fills me with hope for better success this time round. Also updating my dosages a touch so it will be interesting to see how many eggies I get this time round (last time was 12).
    All the best everyone!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (18-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, its great to be able to support each other through this cycle, it's not great that we are all here in the first place!

Interestingly, my FS also mentioned if we have a few more failed cycles/MC then we will be looking into NK cells, but he said he feels it's still in research mode so he wants to see how we go first and we will cross that bridge when we come to it. I called them today and half of my blood tests came back, so far normal, but I won't get the rest until 8th October when he's back from leave.

I guess all FS's have differing opinions, then we are all different ourselves. I trust my FS but I don't trust the whole IVF process, there are no guarantees.

To top it off, I had a skin check at work on Wednesday, they found a mole on my leg that has to be removed urgently, so that's booked for Monday (get it over and done with before I start the cycle). Another set of test results to worry about! I told the Dr about doing IVF and he said sometimes being pumped with these hormones will stimulate this sort of growth (I had one removed a few years ago in the same area). So ladies, do yourself a favour and get yourself checked once a year, it's the tiny spots that are the problem, the ones you wouldn't think would be.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loolu View Post
    Yes, its great to be able to support each other through this cycle, it's not great that we are all here in the first place!

Interestingly, my FS also mentioned if we have a few more failed cycles/MC then we will be looking into NK cells, but he said he feels it's still in research mode so he wants to see how we go first and we will cross that bridge when we come to it. I called them today and half of my blood tests came back, so far normal, but I won't get the rest until 8th October when he's back from leave.

I guess all FS's have differing opinions, then we are all different ourselves. I trust my FS but I don't trust the whole IVF process, there are no guarantees.

To top it off, I had a skin check at work on Wednesday, they found a mole on my leg that has to be removed urgently, so that's booked for Monday (get it over and done with before I start the cycle). Another set of test results to worry about! I told the Dr about doing IVF and he said sometimes being pumped with these hormones will stimulate this sort of growth (I had one removed a few years ago in the same area). So ladies, do yourself a favour and get yourself checked once a year, it's the tiny spots that are the problem, the ones you wouldn't think would be.

xx
    Thanks for the tip Loolu. I made sure I had a full check up at the doctor and dentist so I didn't get any nasty surprises once UTD Sounds like so far so good with your test resultseverything else is all good and you get your BFP this cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh - if NKC is still considered a bit new, that would explain why my first FS didn't test for it, he was so lovely, but v conservative.

So a week ago they did an x-ray with dye studies - is required by the clinic in Greece - testing my tubes were open. So they are. Just like they were last time they did dye studies. But why do they need that? I'm having donor eggs for heavens sake! My own eggs don't need to travel down my tube? And today i had a baseline scan ... another one. And they discovered I have a cyst and it has to be operated on as soon as my FS is back from hols (in a week) so I'm all good for the trip to Athens ... I was really hoping that using an egg donor would mean less drugs, less drama. Guess not! Totally disoriented me to get a call from my FS today about today's scan when I knew he was on hols - complete surprise. I was in the hairdresser at the time and having to discuss my synarel and pill and ovaries right there in the chair, there's no dignity in ivf hey! But I'm mighty impressed that within 4 hrs of my scan, he called me, even though he's on holidays and even though I had not even contacted him ... So it looks like its an aspiration on Tues week for me ... Hope its smooth sailing after that!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    I have been TTC since start of June 2011 we started at a clinic June 2012 did all the testings and found nothing wrong... Dr suggested an ovulation inductionOOP for OI was $1250, had all the drugs to start but got preg naturally! I found out at my dating scan I had a missed mc I had a d&c at 10 weeks, got preg again 2 months after but ended at 5 weeks, decided we didn't need help so we started ttc naturally again, 2 yr mark ttc 9 cycles after my last mc I went back to the clinic, decided to do the OI bfn, I live on a cattle property 7 hrsfrom cairns so its hard going back and forth and we are 3hrs from our closest town, so going in for a simple blood test is a big deal. I did a phone consult with my Dr 2 weeks ago to discuss what was our next move, I was.prepared to talk about IUI seeing as we have no known issues, but he suggested IVF which almost shocked me, he said at the end of the day OOP isn't much different for a better result, I have been really thinking hard about it and have decided to go ahead with IVF, I will contact my clinic on Monday to discuss a full costings for us to go over but I have made up my mind now, my FS Is away right now so I prob won't start until November.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stillfuntryin - welcome to this crazy ride Next time I feel frustrated when trying to work out how to fit some test or other around my work, I'm going to think of you schlepping three hours each way and remember how lucky I am!

Anyone had an experience with dexamethasone? And clexane? I have to take them for this cycle but don't know what side effects to expect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, about to start IVF 2, picking up meds and have apt with nurse 02/10. Will be on synarel and puregon, this time they r uping dose from 200 to 250. Gl to u all, hope this is the lucky thread, sending lots of to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Hi Stillfuntryin - welcome to this crazy ride Next time I feel frustrated when trying to work out how to fit some test or other around my work, I'm going to think of you schlepping three hours each way and remember how lucky I am!

Anyone had an experience with dexamethasone? And clexane? I have to take them for this cycle but don't know what side effects to expect.
    Welcome ladiesvixjc I am always put on clexane after every transfer as I have a condition that makes me prone to clots. Other than a little bloating I am fine on it. Injecting it is stingy but you get used to it. Trick is pinching the skin while you put the needle in and keep pinching it until you pull it out, that stops the bruising. When I get my BFP I'll have to inject clexane right through pregnancy! Ouch! But we'll worth it best of luck on your journeys ladies, sending you lots of luck and

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all... went in for the BT and scan this morning, and the FN took about 20 minutes and could only find two little follicles (10+11). My regular FN wasn't there, as she normally has the whole scan done in about 3 minutes. So the FN went and got a second FN, who spent another 5-10 minutes, but could only find those two follies, plus some really tiny ones. FS rang this afternoon with bloods, and estrogen has gone down to 500, so it's obvious I've ovulated that big follicle, so it's all over. Thankfully I've read on Bubhub that that has happened before to others, but I quizzed him anyway - he said that it shouldn't happen but it sometimes does when you don't have many follicles but are pushing them hard with the meds. Considering this cycle was looking dodgy last week with not much happening, I'm surprisingly not upset that it was cancelled. I guess I'm sort of relieved that I didn't have to make a decision, and that the decision was made for me.

Will see the FS next week, and should be able to start those lovely jabbings again in two weeks time when AF comes around again, so thought I'd come and join you all here.

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie I'm sorry it got cancelled. Kinda happened to me last month, but I started ovulating day of epu and lost at least 3 good size eggs
    This time round I basically begged for the Fs to keep a closer eye on me, I told her i would be happy if I needed to come in every day if need be.
    Good luck next round, I should be starting bcp when af eventually arrives, she's taking her sweet time though :/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shell'80 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-09-2013)