Closed Thread
Page 21 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,

Just a quick one from me.
    Just wanted to welcome all of the new ladies and wish you well.

Mini - any news on your embies yet?

Rainbow - your nursery ideas sound great and you are off to a good start with the painting.

Afm - I have my first scan tomorrow. I feel like there are a tonn of follies in there, but we just have to wait and see... Like every other step of the process!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib – Hope that your fert result was good today. x
    Rozzie, Rainbow2013 and thefamilygal– welcome! You will findthe ladies here so supportive and helpful. It’s great chatting to people who understandwhat you are going through!Familygal – I understand what it is like to havehighly fertile friends. Mine are the same and whilst they try really hard, itis hard for them to understand why it is difficult for us to join them forlunch as they share their birth sotires!!!!
    Wishing you guys all the best. xxx
    Rainbowbabe – love the nursery too!! Last weekend I wassecretly cleaning out the spare room, in the hope that I get a bfp and can planour nursery!
    Lizzyg – all the best for your first injection today!!
    Vixjc – Sometimes people can be so insensitive.Unfortunately some people just try to fix the issue without trying tounderstand how we are feeling. After our first failed IVF cycle, one of my bestfriends quickly asked me ‘so are you going to adopt?’ That was followed by aphone call from my mother in law asking the same thing. Now, I only tell acouple of my closest friends what is going on as I too, don’t want to feel likea ‘failure’, when things don’t work. Imagine if they knew we’d had 9 cyclesalready!!! I understand how you feel like a novelty. I became the topic ofconversation when a close friend told a couple of my employees what was goingon with me. I had to call them in and warn them that they were not to share theinformation. Not fun being the topic of gossip! I am wishing you all the bestfor your procedure in Greece. Regardless of where or who the eggs came from,this beautiful baby will be your child and you their mother. Take care. Xxx
    BooBoo – good luck with the synarel. Hope goes really wellfor you.
    Stllfuntryin – may as well give it a go! My friend was justabout to begin her IVF drugs when her period didn’t show up and she waspregnant – after 5 years of trying naturally! Always hope.
    Rozzie – hope you are going well. Bet Nov 2 can’t comearound fast enough!
    Francesthecat – all the best for your scan on Thursday. Hopethere’s lots of nice follies in there!!
    Freaked out – good luck for your scan tomorrow!

AFM – have had cramps on and off throughout the past coupleof days and a really heavy bloated feeling. Hoping it’s not AF, but could alsobe the progynova and crinone. Am back at work and today I seriously did notmuch at all! Couldn’t concentrate and spent most of the day googling pregnancysymptoms and stressing about the cause of my cramps! Ah, the mind games ofIVF!! Otherwise, going well and just thankful that we’ll know either way onFriday. Sooo hope that I can start the BFP’s rolling for us ladies. Let’s makethis a wonderfully positive and successful thread!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lannie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-10-2013),Vixjc  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh vixjc that is aweful. Why do people think it is their right to comment or speculate, especially when they are not even close friends/family? I have even had the "when are you having kids, your not getting any younger you know"

lizzyg - good luck with your first shot. What meds are you on?

Rainbowbabe - love the nursery. I too am too afraid to do anything with the room until I get a BFP and pass the 12ww, got caught telling a few people early before my last two m/c's and not doing that this time.

welcome to the newbies and everyone that is jabbing away or waiting waiting.

Good luck freakedout - it is my first scan tomorrow to check on the follies too, let's hope it is a lucky day. My acupuncturist rubbed my belly and spoke to my follies today telling them to grow - it took all my power not to laugh at her

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - how did you go today?

Soready - we wouldn't dare do anything else to the room until we have a BFP and are past the 12wks but painting the room needed to be done now so we figured we will paint it the colour we want it to be for the nursery and then close the door til the time is right to reopen it. DF wanted to help paint it and we figured it was just better to do it now rather than when she is already pregnant. It could take quite a while for it to happen but the room isn't going anywhere

Hi everyone else!! Sorry personals are hard on mobile because you can't refer back and my memory is shocking these days lol

ETA - freakedout - good luck with you scan tomorrow!! May your beautiful ovaries be jammed packed with lots of gorgeous little eggies!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vixjc, I can't believe your sil told other people. It's not her business to tell people. Seriously some people just amazed me how inconsiderate they are. Yes IVF can be our solution but its not easy to go through. Both mentally and physically. Something so natural to conceive can be so unnatural. I can't believe family members that tell others.

Chiefsgirl, can't believe your brother's fiancé did that. I think I would have lost it at the party. You were so good to not lose it there

Soready, a few people had asked me when I'm having baby as my parents need a grandchild. That was mum's friend. Also at work, people keep saying I'll have a baby next. I wish it's that easy Good luck for the scan tomorrow

Lannie, not long to Friday. Hopefully you are keeping yourself busy other than work.

Freakedout, good luck for the scan tomorrow. Hopefully your follies are growing nicely.

AFM, the nurse called to confirm my ET tomorrow morning. I asked out of 6 collected, how many fertilised. But she didn't know. She said I'll find out tomorrow from the lab technician. I'm confused but I'll chase them up tomorrow. I want to know if I can freeze any. At least I have one being transferred tomorrow yay

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (08-10-2013),Vixjc  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies, you all just rock I'm a little calmer now ... not much, just a little bit

So much going on this thread - can barely keep up!
    Good luck tomorrow Minib!
    Lizzy hope that first injection goes as well as can be expected
    Chiefs girl - very restrained of you I must say! Bizarre what people think its ok to share
    Freaked out - here's hoping that scan takes ages because it takes so long to measure all those lovely follies
    Same for you SoReady! Here's hoping you've got lots of beautiful follies

AFM I finally received my drug calendar and prescriptions today (something postive to end my day with) - drugs start on Friday ... Dexamethasone, Progynova, Astrix ... but at some point there is also clexane, intralipid and progesterone ... and synarel will continue I assume because he's sent a prescription for it but its not on the calendar - I'll call tomorrow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Booboo78 View Post
    Hi all, welcome to the newbies and gl to anyone cycling or in the dreaded TWW. Vixjc, how rude of her, u r not a failure, people like that have no idea what hell we go through, hang in there xo. Finally get to start IVF 2 very soon, picked up meds last Wed and had ultrasound, everything looks good, no cysts , AF due about Wed this week so will prob start with the Synarel CD2 sometime this week, all goes to plan, eager to get started but so nervous. Rainbow2013, I understand how u feel, I had 8 eggs removed but only 4 were mature, all were ICSI but none fertilised, was so devastated, very scared like u for next time. Just hoping it was bad luck. We too are adding calcium to the eggs. They also have me on a higher dose and instead of Orgalutron I am on Synarel instead. Praying for better results for us both
    Thanks booboo78 did you ever get an answer on why none fertilsed? Our FS put it down to us using surgically retrieved sperm from the epididymis and believes the sperm were exhausted or dead. We are doing a biopsy this time and increasing fsh like yourself to get more eggs. I was on gonal f and cetrotide last cycle. I hear so many success stories with calcium! I am too waiting for AF which is due Friday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    first injection done! So Ready I'm on 250 Gonal F & I'm also taking melatonin for the first time to try & help egg quality.
    Booboo we too are having calcium activation done & icsi ha but pretty sure the calcium is added to sperm. Has anyone had this done?
    i had acupuncture today & told my acupuncturist that I get good egg numbers but not the best quality & she said "you need to eat eggs, any kind (duck, chicken, cavier) & cooked any way at least once a day" I thought she was joking! Anyone heard this before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I forgot to ask Francesthecat have you done hypnotherapy before? Anyone else done it? I'm interested to hear about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzyg View Post
    Oh I forgot to ask Francesthecat have you done hypnotherapy before? Anyone else done it? I'm interested to hear about it.
    Oh my was that Jeanette at bump by any chance?