Closed Thread
Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Minib - 6 is an awesome number! The diff in numbers might be because you hear about the total number of follies in your scan, but post EPU they tell you only the number of mature eggs collected ... There is usually a difference between follies and mature eggs as I understand it.

rainbowbabe - LOVE that colour!!!
    rainbow2013 and the family gal - welcome!

Iannie - you're so close! Have everything crossed you're our first BFP :-)

AFM - was having a great day, then had to go to a function, met the sister of my husband's former work colleague, she started talking about me getting an egg donor. I'd met her for 5 seconds and she wanted to talk to me about THE most personal, challenging issue in my life. Fortunately we were least leaving and I forcibly shoved hubby up the stairs. My BEST friends don't even know yet ... I was stunned, tried to remember who she was, tried to work out how she knew... Of course post shock I remembered. I don't want to be known as the girl who didn't conceive her own child. I feel like a failure as it is. Worse, now I feel like a novelty. An interesting story to tell at dinner. Feels ****.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, welcome to the newbies and gl to anyone cycling or in the dreaded TWW. Vixjc, how rude of her, u r not a failure, people like that have no idea what hell we go through, hang in there xo. Finally get to start IVF 2 very soon, picked up meds last Wed and had ultrasound, everything looks good, no cysts , AF due about Wed this week so will prob start with the Synarel CD2 sometime this week, all goes to plan, eager to get started but so nervous. Rainbow2013, I understand how u feel, I had 8 eggs removed but only 4 were mature, all were ICSI but none fertilised, was so devastated, very scared like u for next time. Just hoping it was bad luck. We too are adding calcium to the eggs. They also have me on a higher dose and instead of Orgalutron I am on Synarel instead. Praying for better results for us both
    Last edited by Booboo78; 07-10-2013 at 22:35.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Familygal Im not sure if your FS has given you the option but mine has, my partner has low sex drive issues and had trouble doing the job sometimes and because we live 8hrs from my clinic he cant always come in, He will go in to my CD2 apt and give a sample then (fingers crossed) and they will freeze it, so when it comes to the day if he cant make it in or cant do the job its not an issue, I will feel way better going into it knowing that there are sperm there ready and waiting, I would rather do fresh but its great insurance, it cost $500 to freeze his sperm but worth it if you have been with someone with this issue, he has low testosterone but it is also stress related.
    Rainbowbabe I was very optimistic about starting IVF but after seeing so many negative reports on first attempts I cant help but feel like the wind has been blown out of my sails, lets hope I get some encouraging news from my clinic that lifts my sprits!
    Vixjc How did she know about it? You will be no less of a mother because of genetics I have seen some terrible things lately from women who don't deserve a child, you will be a great mother because you have worked for it and deserve it! Chin up lady
    Booboo great news, lets hope its 2nd time lucky
    LizzyG Good luck with your injections
    Welcome Rozzie and Rainbow2013
    Hi to everyone else I have missed there are a few now LOL
    Thought I was Oing yesterday but still nothing , bad cramps and lots of CM but no pos OPK yet, we are still TTC this cycle, just in case!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Minib - 6 is an awesome number! The diff in numbers might be because you hear about the total number of follies in your scan, but post EPU they tell you only the number of mature eggs collected ... There is usually a difference between follies and mature eggs as I understand it.

rainbowbabe - LOVE that colour!!!
    rainbow2013 and the family gal - welcome!

Iannie - you're so close! Have everything crossed you're our first BFP :-)

AFM - was having a great day, then had to go to a function, met the sister of my husband's former work colleague, she started talking about me getting an egg donor. I'd met her for 5 seconds and she wanted to talk to me about THE most personal, challenging issue in my life. Fortunately we were least leaving and I forcibly shoved hubby up the stairs. My BEST friends don't even know yet ... I was stunned, tried to remember who she was, tried to work out how she knew... Of course post shock I remembered. I don't want to be known as the girl who didn't conceive her own child. I feel like a failure as it is. Worse, now I feel like a novelty. An interesting story to tell at dinner. Feels ****.
    Thanks Vix I have to say it does look great - better than I expected it to haha.

Sorry about the lady who thought it was her business to ask such personal questions. Some people just do not think about how offensive they could be *slaps forehead*

You are not a failure at all though! Please don't think that way. You are still going to be that little bubba's mummy!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - everything crossed for you hun these are the lucky 6 stay positive & cannot wait to hear some good news.

Rainbobabe - Thanks! You make me laugh, wrap her in bubble wrap sounds like a great idea! Nursery is looking gorgeous so far

Familygal - Welcome! I am a newbie to and still trying to understand even the abbreviations lol. Good luck with orientation. You sound like myself feeling a little overwhelmed in this unknown IVF world, so glad you joined also.Good luck.

Rainbow2013 - welcome to you too. Good luck and tryo not to worry too much, sending positive vibes your way.

Lizzg - Good luck with the injections

Vixkc - Don't feel like a failure at all, or worse a novelty. Sorry to hear you had to listen to that. What is wrong with some people? I'm sure they just don;t think before they speak. No idea at all what you are going through, stay strong babe.

Booboo78 - Good luck this time around, so sorry to hear how your last attempt went. Thinking positive thoughts for better results this time around for sure.

No news this end ladies just waiting until 2nd Nov so I can start the jabbing!!

Babydust to all xo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much happening here. Lots to catch up on.

Not much happening with me just jabbing away. First scan Thursday. This cycle I'm going to try hyno therapy. There is nothing else I can do other than change my mind set. So here goes nothing.

Good luck for fert today Mini and Riss. Hope you both get lots of lovely embies.

Lots of baby dust to those on the 2 WW hope those lines are getting darker!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbowbabe, my AF is due on the 17th so with a little luck should start stimming around the 20th. Time seems to drag on so much lately..feels like we're always waiting for something..AF to arrive, EPU, Transfer then the all famous TWW! I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it when we finally get our BFP! Welcome Familygal!You will find the ladies on this thread so very helpful and comforting. We are all going through similar things so understand what you will be going through, we'll be here to hugyou when you have a bad day and here to cheer for you when you have a good one. looking forward to hwaring all about your journey Best of luck to you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

thefamilygal  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emzy do you know how long you will be stimming for? I wonder when the estimated date is for egg pick up. I'm worried that DF will over/under stimulate. Fingers crossed the dosage is just right!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Familygal Im not sure if your FS has given you the option but mine has, my partner has low sex drive issues and had trouble doing the job sometimes and because we live 8hrs from my clinic he cant always come in, He will go in to my CD2 apt and give a sample then (fingers crossed) and they will freeze it, so when it comes to the day if he cant make it in or cant do the job its not an issue, I will feel way better going into it knowing that there are sperm there ready and waiting, I would rather do fresh but its great insurance, it cost $500 to freeze his sperm but worth it if you have been with someone with this issue, he has low testosterone but it is also stress related.
    Rainbowbabe I was very optimistic about starting IVF but after seeing so many negative reports on first attempts I cant help but feel like the wind has been blown out of my sails, lets hope I get some encouraging news from my clinic that lifts my sprits!
    Vixjc How did she know about it? You will be no less of a mother because of genetics I have seen some terrible things lately from women who don't deserve a child, you will be a great mother because you have worked for it and deserve it! Chin up lady
    Booboo great news, lets hope its 2nd time lucky
    LizzyG Good luck with your injections
    Welcome Rozzie and Rainbow2013
    Hi to everyone else I have missed there are a few now LOL
    Thought I was Oing yesterday but still nothing , bad cramps and lots of CM but no pos OPK yet, we are still TTC this cycle, just in case!
    Thanks Luv. The lady knew because my gossipy sister in law told her all about it. I've just sent a text to DH's whole family saying that it is a private matter that is not to be talked about outside the family under ANY circumstances. I can't believe I've had to spell that out. She tried to explain it to my husband this morning by saying this woman was talking to her about egg donors because her friend had twins that way - I stopped him before he could finish repeating her self serving justification and reminded him that (1) she had no NEED to disclose who we were, she could have talked about our situation without identifying us, and (2) we're family, this woman is not even a close friend, she was not a woman suffering infertility herself but was simply aware of of someone else's happy ending, and if my SIL had to choose between supporting her friend (which is bull$h!t) and maintaining our privacy, she should have maintained our privacy dammit! I can imagine that if I named her to a complete stranger about the sordid details of her marriage woes then explained my indiscretion by saying "oh but my friend knew someone ELSE who had marriage woes" - she would not find it acceptable. I'm just wild. The woman is just a gossip, always has been always will be which is why we delayed telling his family for so long and wy DH emphasised confidentiality when he told her....

Breathe .... Anyhoo ... back to you - it can happen first time you know thats you!

Sorry for the vent ladies, - I'm just so angry. Thanks for your support, it really does help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Vixjc, your SIL was waaaaaay out of line!

I had a similar situation happen at the beginning of this cycle. We had only just told my mother, brother and his fiance about doing IVF. They are all pretty much blabber mouths and I didn't want everyone I knew (or didn't know) knowing. They were told that we were keeping it quiet and didn't want everyone knowing.

We then go around to my brothers house for a bbq, I had just picked up my meds that morning, they were both pretty liquored up when we arrived, then the fiance up and tells her neighbour who turned up (that we had never met before) that we were doing IVF and that it was because I had old eggs! I was so furious! I didn't say anything then as I knew it would get ugly, DH called my brother the next day and told him to muzzle his fiance. That we had said we wanted it kept quiet and I was mortified that she had told someone I had only just met! He then had to explicitly say we didn't want it discussed at their upcoming wedding!

Some people just have no idea of what it is we go through, the pain we feel and our own feelings of failure, letting our partners down etc that we all go through at some stage in this process, we really don't need strangers discussing us like a soap opera topic!

You are not a failure, and you are going to be a wonderful nurturing mother.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (08-10-2013)