Closed Thread
Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Minib - I am praying all 6 are little fighters and the all make it When do you find out if you may have Ovulated some before the procedure.
    Rainbow- I love that you have done that im not game enough to get carried away yet LOL I know it WILL happen but not sure if it will happen the first time, its hard to be optimistic when I have had so many let downs, but once I make it to the 2nd trimester LOOK OUT!!!!
    Lannie - good luck girl I have you in my thoughts!!!
    Freakedout- I am decided not to tell anyone, I cant bare the questions and the so called advice I get from people, the only advice that I have received at any stage through my TTC journey that didn't hurt my feelings is from my fellow TTCers.
    Lizzy - Ha we share the same name LOL, sorry if im being ignorant but when do you start?
    Sorry if I have missed anyone, I don't write often if I have nothing to report on, I am ovulating today so lets hope this is my last natural cycle for a few months

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

lannie  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Too late to join?

Hi ladies,

I would love to join this group I just came accross it, fairly new to the forums .

Bit of background I am 37 and DH 40, we are blessed to have conceived our DS naturally who is now 3.5 yrs old. I got hyperthyroidism 6 mths after having him and after 2 yrs of treatment to fix my thyroid issues (as FS wouldn't do anything until my thyroid was normal again) we learned also that DH has a very low sperm count. The FS said IVF would be our only option. Tried naturally for a year with no luck so have decided to now try IVF as recommended.

I am on the pill atm and have been for a week which I started when Af arrived, and my FSH was 12 so am schedueled for the November cycle and am praying all goes well.

I am doing an antogonist cycle I believe and the drugs will be Orgalutran and Gonal F. I start injections on Sat 2nd November. I'm really excited and nervous also.

I had a quick glimpse of the thread and wish everyone the best of luck!

Minib well done on 6 eggs that's great news, fingers xd for you hun.

Rainbowbabe I also love the wall colour!!

Good luck for Friday Lannie

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (07-10-2013),lannie  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome rozzieLooking forward to hearing all about your journey. Good luck and lots of to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stillfuntryin, I didn't even know I can find out if some have ovulated before epu. I will ask the nurse tomorrow when they call. I have a feeling maybe some did ovulate. That's a pity but I need to think these are the lucky 6.

Rozzie, big welcome. Sorry you have to join us here. But we are here to support each other. I feel so lucky that I was able to share and ask questions here. I was also excited and nervous. This is my first ivf cycle after trying for almost 1.5 years now. I was worried about OHSS, epu now worried about fertilization rate. It's never ending haha. Although everyday I'm one step closer to be preggers so that gets me really excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - fingers crossed that all 6 fertilise perfectly I think it's a great number - I have read about so many that have had 1 or 2 collected though so maybe that's why. I can't wait to hear your results.

Emzy - I think we're pro your AF at the moment is that right? From memory you'll be starting your next cycle this month?

Stillfun - I totally get why you say your not game to do that stuff yet and we kinda felt the same but we think its not if it happens its just when it happens.. Sooo there is no harm in painting the future nursery now we won't be putting anything in it until DF is pregnant and in the second trimester but she wanted to help paint and I didn't want her to be painting whilst pregnant. You can already tell I'm going to be one of those paranoid partners who won't let her do anything haha - yup going to wrap her in bubble wrap and cotton wool lol.

Welcome Rozzie!!! :waves:

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words about the colour. We absolutely love it for either gender we are such outdoorsy people that it seems so us as well! It's also made this whole IVF waiting game more enjoyable! Positive vibes to all!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I hope you don't mind, but I was wondering if I could also be a late arrival & join this thread?
    I have never joined a forum before (always just sat on the outside, looking in), but after spending the day trawling through bubhub threads, I figured why not?!

We're based in Sydney (just moved up here a month ago) and was SURE I'd be pregnant by now, but after trying for 2 years (DH has morphology issues, but good #'s, and I have Egg Producing PSO!? ) we're booked in to start ICSI this month... AF arrived a few days ago, so I'm scheduled to have my orientation & get my prescriptions with IVF Australia (at Greenwich, Syd) to start nasal spray on October 24th.
    I am actually feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment and don't really to have anyone to talk to about my journey (all of my girlfriends seem to be highly fertile, thank goodness for them!!) but it means that I am a bit of a trailblazer for them when it comes to IVF !?!

My DH is working interstate a lot at the moment, so I am REALLY REALLY hoping he will be around at the right time in November to give his sample... silly me, didn't think to ask about a possible timeline when I booked in to start this month though
    This will be our first cycle, and we definitely feel like we're going in pretty blind (acronyms, drug names, side effects, timelines etc are all very foreign!!) But we're feeling really positive (maybe a little too positive!) at the prospect of being able take control of the situation a bit more as opposed to all the 'just relax' tips we've had for two years
    Anyway, thanks for letting me rant, GOOD LUCK to everyone here who has already started this month... I will be thinking of you all!
    Last edited by thefamilygal; 07-10-2013 at 21:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    New here! Also starting 2nd icsi cycle this month after a failed fertilisation cycle in August. My DH has congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens.

First isci cycle they retrieved 10 straws of sperm using the PESA method but all of my 6 mature eggs failed to fertilise (2 fertilsed abnormally) leaving us with nothing to transfer or freeze.

This cycle we will be using the TESE (biopsy) method combined with genea calcium wash for the sperm (we had to get approval from the tga to be able to use this). Our FS has also changed my protocol due to lowish response and I will be using the 7 day elonva fsh injection with oragultran. Will be commencing any day now. Very nervous about failed fertilsation again but very positive about all of the changes for this cycle.

Best wishes to all cycling October/November!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thefamilygal - welcome!! My DF is going to carry our first and is about to go through an IVF cycle. She started taking synarel last week and EPU (egg pick up) will be later this month. It's a lot to get your head around but we are all here to help! You mentioned a nasal spray - will it be synarel as well? Some women get headaches from it but with DF she has had some hot flushes and her lips go a little numb just after she sprays it but it doesn't take long to go away.

Rainbow - welcome!! Hope this next cycle brings you your BFP! There's a great group of girlies here that provide a lot of support

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

thefamilygal  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbowbabe- I'm not sure what the nasal spray will be... I actually feel a little less informed than most ppl on here, despite asking FS a million and one questions... Seems like I asked all the wrong ones! ☺️
    I guess I'll get all the info I need from the nurses on the day... Thanks for the headache tip though, I'll stock up on paracetamol 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls & welcome to all the newbies! Today I got AF so I will start injections tomorrow night. Sorry i haven't written a big update but I'm on my phone so that makes it difficult. Good luck everyone