Closed Thread
Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Wishing all those about to start meds lots of luck. Yes, injections can be daunting but you do get used to it and thankfully the needles are quite small. I iced the injection area for a few seconds before injecting the first few times and that seemed to help.
    Stillfuntrying, I do wish you guys the very best. I had a friend who was in your situation. Her partner came around after their first cycle didn't work and they fell pg on their 3rd cycle. Who knows, your first one may even work!! Fingers crossed for you.
    I am getting ready for my FET this morning and so nervous!! Have booked into Bump acupuncture for before and after transfer, so worth a try. Transfer scheduled for 11.50.
    We had pgd for this embryo and apparently there was one chromosome that the accuracy of the test came back at 80%, rather that he 90 - 95% accuracy of the other ones. Well, a test that comes back as being 80% sure it is normal is still pretty good odds to me! I'm guessing I can find out more today.
    Seriously so nervous I could puke! Hopefully the acupuncture will calm me down!
    Have a fabulous day ladies. If u are in Melb, try and stay safe in all of this insane wind out there!
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!

How is everyone today? Sounds like everyone is travelling along reasonably nicely... Orgalutran aside. I am dredding jabbing with that one again too!!

Vixjc - so sorry to hear how insensitive your SIL has been. Some people think they are saying the right things but really their words can end up hurting so much. It really does take incredible strength to go through this journey and comments like that make it worse, but stay strong and be proud of yourself for keeping at it. One day it will all pay off and people's silly words can hopefully be forgotten.

AFM... Picked up my meds yesterday and start jabbing tomorrow. Doing an antag cycle and there is a possibility that transfer day will fall on my birthday which would be quite exciting!

All the best everyone!
    Last edited by freakedout44; 01-10-2013 at 07:52.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Iannie - good luck today!

I'm nervous as hell too. My ovarian cyst gets taken care of today, 10:15 check in for me ... the cyst is not concerning me, it's the fact AF arrived this morning even though I've been on synarel for a couple of weeks. I wasn't expecting it even though it is day 27, I assumed the synarel would stop it? At least I see my FS today for the surgery and can ask, I'm supposed to be down regulated in prep for our donor cycle in Greece, and am not really sure if this is normal. I just don't want anything to stuff up/delay my "preparation" for Greece... On top of all that, given I'm not allowed to eat or drink, the taste of the synarel this morning is gross, and I have a rotten headache. Let's hope the anesthetic takes care of that. That's my whinge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Vixjic, to get rid of that cyst.

Another step closer to Greece.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Vixjic!! Hope all goes well. Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lannie For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Vix!! That's so insensitive That is why we have chosen to tel nobody even those who know that we are struggling and that we were at a clinic, It saves those sorts of comments like Why are you doing it? There is nothing wrong just stop trying and it will happen! I hate that **** so we have decided to do it privately.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope all went well today Vix... Wishing you a speedy recovery.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc, I cant believe the attitude of your SIL! She should walk a mile in your shoes before she flaps her gums I say!...I think what you are doing is a beautiful thing and you deserve nothing but praise for it. I hope everything went well today for your op...2nd of Nov isn't far away now, best of luck! Travel safe Frances, sometimes a new FS and new approach is just what you need. Sendiing lots of and your way Iannie, for a little sticky one for you today...good luck in the TWW, hope it goes by quickly for you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emzy.
    Hope today went well Vic.
    Frances, agree with Emzy that sometimes a new FS is the trick! My FS consulted with lyn Burmeister this time and that cycle ended with a normal embryo after PGD. Best cycle yet! Good luck. Xx
    Transfer went well today. Saw a pic of our little embie which according to embryologist was 'textbook perfect' in the way that it grew, froze and thawed. But whilst I'm hopeful I also know that even textbooks don't get the answers right sometimes so just waiting patiently until my bt on the 11th. I'm on progynova and crinone so not sure if I would get period before bt if not pregnant. Ah well, will just wait to out. Take care all. Xx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lannie For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (01-10-2013),Vixjc  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my fingers crossed for that you little emby is a sticky one lannie! There is nothing more amazing than seeing the pic - when i saw mine last time it just reminded me exactly why we go through what we do, and what we are fighting for. All the best for a BFP! What date is your BT?