+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Chemical pregnancy?

Hi all,

I'm feeling a bit anxious at the moment. I've been fairly sure I was PG, and yesterday when I took a test at 12 dpo there was a faint second line after 2 mins. Today however two tests have come out negative, and I've had a bit of old blood (possibly just spotting - nothing on my undies yet).

Is this likely to be a chemical pregnancy? Is there any hope that it might still work?

TIA - Bek

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like a chem to me, sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would just say wait a few days and test again. You never know. Faulty tests or anything. Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Mine went dark n light and I'm now 13 weeks your hcg levels can vary etc in early days. just wait a few more days ok.

hugs hunny xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey biscuit, how are you today?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsCpeanut For This Useful Post:

GDYB03  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all,

I'm doing OK. After continuing to experience light spotting and cramping over the weekend, AF finally came yesterday. The cramping was very strong yesterday, but is starting to ease off like during a normal period.

Emotionally, it's been a bit of crazy ride. Friday's BFP brought the initial elation; Saturday's first and second negatives left me feeling deflated, and by Sunday I found myself driving alone with tears ********* so hard and fast I thought I'd dehydrate. So many questions flooded my mind - most of them starting with "why...?"

Now is the hardest part - deciding if we try again, or wait. My sister is having her wedding on 5/7/14 and I'm MOH. If we try again it could be cutting it really fine. As well, I've just applied for a job, and it might be a bit uncool to start a new job and a couple of months later announce that I'm pregnant! I think that's what added to the grief... knowing that we had one shot, and that we almost had it...

Thanks so much for your concern, it certainly helps to be able to come back here and talk to other women who understand. (Hubby does his best but it didn't really hit him the same way it did for me).

Hopefully I'll be back again before too long, cruising the pregnancy threads

xox Bek

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bek,
    Sorry to hear about AF.

I don't have any specific advice to give except to say you're wonderful for considering everyone else in your baby making plans, but ultimately this is about you and your DH having a family.
    There are ways to have you be involved in the wedding if you were preg at the time, and even though I'm not across your job requirements, what would you like to have more?

There might not ever be a perfect time to get pregnant, but the time it does happen I'm sure you will find everything else slots in to whatever place it fits around you.

It might so happen that you say you're not 'actively' trying, and it just happens out of the blue.

I'm sure you and your DH will make the best decision for yourselves. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks - I think that's exactly what I needed to hear. I have been so caught up in worrying about other people, yet if it happened unintentionally they'd all have to deal anyway!

Whatever we decide, you've given me a boost of courage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear it! Keep me posted!