+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Endometriosis or straight to IVF please help :(

Hi everyone,
    I'm not good at the but just got back from seeing Dr Lok, i had all the tests done and it looks like my ovary is high up and something is blocking things hence why i'm not getting pregnant. I have low AMH levels 9.8 also and hubby's sperm is on the low side.
    Dr LOk said we can do Surgery to see if it can help things along and then try to have a baby naturally or go straight to IVF and skip this step.
    Now it looks like it will cost 4,000 out of pocket for the surgery, i'm being made redundant as of Nov so that money is going towards this but i feel that if i do this surgery i'm losing that money that could of gone to IVF.
    I'm so torn as to what to do, and would love to hear from people that have gone through this any advice please???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone? i'm a blubbering mess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Generally a stim cycle costs $8500, of which your out of pocket expenses are $3500. I would go straight
    To Ivf,especially
    Considering your amh is getting low. At least that way you know the egg is fertilised
    And you have a fighting chance.

Just my opinion, but ultimately you need to weigh up your options for what is best for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had all my endo surgery through my local public hospital.... I just saw my gyno and he booked my surgery in. No cost at all. In saying that I still had to go through IVF after two surgeries and didn't fall naturally.
    My IVF cost $4900 per cycle and the first cycle I received everything back except $1100 and my second fresh cycle I paid $4900 and got it all back except $300. So the out of pocket was so small!! That was through Westmead IVF. I am now 29 weeks pregnant with twin boys.
    It's a personal decision which route to go down. But look into your public hospital options for surgery and the savings at WFC are great.. I would recommend them everyday of the week.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hiI guess it depends on a number of things ...like how u feel about an invasive treatment (ivf) and I would also say how many children u want....at 30 and with an amh of 9..u "should" get an ok amount of eggs thru an ivf stim....my amh was 4 and I would get 4 eggs on average, I got 2 children on this amh which is pretty lucky IMO ....with the money for ivf u could save yourself a lot of heartache and time....like is only one tube blocked? personally I would just do ivf....its not easy but it really will give u the highest odds. good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, u was so shocked tbh, and we just don't have that money ATM I think I'll just wait till next year I can't find 5,000 in a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I not u, stupid I phone