+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Daycare family photo wall

Hi fellow single P's

DS's daycare are asking families to bring in family pics for their family wall. I have a pic of DS and I, and a pic of DS and daddy for our poster. At his birthday last year we had some professional photos done at the event and I have a lovely shot of the 3 of us, but do you think it sends the wrong message if I include it?? We separated before DS was born so its not like we were ever a *joined* family, but on the other hand we are his parents and get along amicably and Is a lovely photo.

I was going to write 'DS lives with Mummy' on the poster above the pic of him and I.

As for the rest of our extended family - there's too many to include so I'm not!

Anyway what do you think? Should I include the pic??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im noy a single Mum anymore, but was, and we dont live with the older kids dad.
    From experience, I put separate photos on my kids stuff, but then we did not have nice photos of us all together that I could use.
    Why not ask your child which they want? No harm in using either choice and I dont understand what wrong message you are worried about sending out??? Its a poster on family and a separated family is still a family just in a different form.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post
    Im noy a single Mum anymore, but was, and we dont live with the older kids dad.
    From experience, I put separate photos on my kids stuff, but then we did not have nice photos of us all together that I could use.
    Why not ask your child which they want? No harm in using either choice and I dont understand what wrong message you are worried about sending out??? Its a poster on family and a separated family is still a family just in a different form.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    True. I think I just thought it misrepresented us - not in a negative way but in a *structural* way because we've never been a combined family - but you are right of course it's not sending the wrong message. DS likes all the photos!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not a single mum so I hope you don't mind me posting, but I would include it. I don't think it will send any sort of message- the photo board is there for the kids, so if the photo brings up fond memories for DS, then I would include it for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in a bit of a different situation my husband has kids from a previous relationship and we have "happy family" photos of him, the ex and kids- that's their family so that's ok. If your son is happy with it then go with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I'd include it DD has a few pics of the three of us up on the wall in her bedroom, although I don't have any elsewhere in the house. Kids know what's what.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would use the family photo, it's great that you have a lovely photo of the 3 of you & that you are amicable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great - thanks everyone, I think I was over-thinking it as usual! Your advice has helped and I'll include it I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, I sent in 2 photos; one with me, one with dad. But I don't see an issue with you bringing in your whole family photo.