+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help with DD! Going insane

My 4.5 month DD sleeps fine during day in basinette but she has just gotten over a cold and now REFUSES to goto sleep in it. We wrap her and the only way she will sleep is settle her in the swing :/ I've been giving in as i am pregnant and just exhausted

Why is she okay during day but not at night?

And we had to put her in stroller part of pram and she HATES it screams entire time. I had to carry her all day yet she hates ergo. I feel like I can't leave the house anymore she was such a good bub before bronchitis

Thanks

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hopefully it is just a phase that may pass. Do you think she may sleep in a cot rather than the basinette? Does she not like being wrapped anymore? It happens around then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We haven't bought a cot yet I might buy one on weekend. Thanks!!

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Monnie - congrats on your preg, that was quick!! DS2 has been sick with a cough and he's much worse at night. Elevating the head of his bassinet has helped heaps. Sounds like perhaps your DD is more comfortable being a bit upright if she's falling asleep in the swing? She might still be a little sick and uncomfortable laying flat at night.

ETA: otherwise it could just be a phase, they can tend to get a bit unsettled and sleeping habits can change dramatically around 4 months.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 06-09-2013 at 09:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    she has been on antibiotics nearly a week and i have had it raised as she has been very congested

i'm going to try un wrapping her to sleep so she can 'self settle' while she is still in that happy mode. ah being a mum is hard work lol. thanks decemember it was unexpected x