+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only income.

I don't include any money from centrelink as its negligible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 27-04-2014 at 21:32.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well it's not hatred just bugs me a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    I consider our yearly income everything we get so all gov support as well

But I have a real hatred for ppl who say they are getting paid/pay day is x day when referring to centrelink benefit.

To me getting paid implies earning a wage and centrelink benefits are a totally different form of payment.

I know it's justo linguistic but me. I say I'm getting paid from work and I'm receiving centrelink benefit kinda thing but do consider it income in the sense if what we live off as opposed to income earnt iykwim
    I get PAID on Thursday's from centrelink, due to my awesomeness. That and because I'm a citizen in Australia and we do get paid income support payments if needed.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (06-09-2013),BornToBe  (06-09-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (05-09-2013),SeymourTheBear  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't get any centrelink because we don't qualify. And I don't judge DH income before tax. I consider our income the money in our account every week from DH job. So DH after tax income

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    I get PAID on Thursday's from centrelink, due to my awesomeness. That and because I'm a citizen in Australia and we do get paid income support payments if needed.
    Imo, you (and I) get given money from centrelink rather then paid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Imo, you (and I) get given money from centrelink rather then paid.
    Why is it called a payment? Why is it still taxable?
    I don't say my earnings, I say my payment.

I think Clink calls it a payment and says amount paid, on their letters.
    Last edited by sockstealingpoltergeist; 05-09-2013 at 23:18.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (06-09-2013)

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't want to say our income but we don't qualify for cl other then the child care rebate thingo - is that income???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I include everything because I'd look real stupid trying to claim I live off as little as $500 a fortnight lol.

Ummm....I absolutely slammed the last person who told me not to call the day our benefits went in our account pay day. I'm more secure in myself to let it bug me these days. Benefits will be part of our lives for a very long time to come so I can't let people's silly comments get to me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

PlayNice  (06-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh they do call it payment. I just don't like it. Implies you working/earnt it. I don't work for my ppp or ftb. I work for my wage and as its low I get a subsidy from clink.

But like I said its just linguistics. I just dislike the mentally of ppl on the dole viewing x day as pay day. You get paid if you work, you get supported by government if you are unable to work.

Btw not having a crack at those who can't work or parents etc I gratefully accept my ppl and ftb and believe raising a chd is a valuable contribution to society so pls don't attack my post on that level it's not what I mean

End if the day you can call it whatever you want though. I just think breaking the poverty cycle starts with ppl accepting government support as a temp measure until such time they can support themselves and viewing benefits as 'getting paid' doesn't do that IMO.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (06-09-2013)