+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default when did you move bub from cot to bed?

Ds is 15mths and is a really restless sleeper. He throws himself around his cot while asleep at night and hits into the sides causing a loud bang... he's not worried about it cause he doesn't cry, but it happens a lot every night... so I'm wondering what age do bubs normally move from a cot to a bed and do you think it will help??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We moved DD at about 18 months as she was trying to climb out herself and it was stressing me out!
    We got a couple of those rails and had a mattress on the floor next to her bed in case she tried to climb and fell, but never needed it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds. is 2.5 yrs...still in a cot.

We did buy him a car single bed... Its been set up in his room for about 8 wks. He loves it, but the one time he had a day sleep in it, he woke up hysterical....so its in his room with the cot for when he is ready

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds was in his cot without sides (toddler bed) just after he was 12 months because he kept climbing out of his cot and was to dangerous. He then went into a bed at 2.5. He had a safety rail on the edge of the single bed but was a waste of money because I slept next to the wall.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    22 months and still in a cot. He has never tried to climb out and has shown no interest in moving. I bought the breathable cot liner things when he started hitting the sides.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    24 months and still in a cot. No interest in a bed and not attempting to climb out. So I'm okay with her staying in there for now. We are moving in a few months so thought I would set a bed up in the new room and see how we go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is just over 21/2 and is still in the cot with the sides up. She is happy there so I am reluctant to move her even though we have had a bed set up in her room for about a year. It's a display piece!

Thanks
    Reviews
    About 18 months for both of mine, they are tall and just never seemed comfy in tiny cots

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambibambino For This Useful Post:

webby  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    20 months. I tried at 17 months but was disastrous so went back to the cot until she got so hysterical and clingy each time I put her to bed. I worked out that she had never seen her poo before and she'd got a fright when she took her pooey nappy off during nap time. Needless to say that was the last time she slept in her cot. Went into a toddler bed no dramas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambibambino View Post
    About 18 months for both of mine, they are tall and just never seemed comfy in tiny cots
    My son is really tall too, and keeps hitting the sides of the cot when moving around... that's why I want to know about moving him out of a cot, because he keeps hitting himself on the sides, but i'm worried because he can be very happy in his cot when he wakes up and just sits and plays, so if he was in a bed, I think he'll be wanting to get up and play earlier...