+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL inhaled large quantities of the stuff through each of her 4 pregnancies to combat 9 months of terrible all day morning sickness. She said it was the only thing that helped settle her stomach and she'd carry a bottle of the pure stuff everywhere to inhale, as well as dabbing it on her clothes liker perfume! Her babies were all fine and today are healthy, happy 45, 42, 38 and 36 year olds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I was a doula for a woman who was obsessed with the smell of eucalyptus oil throughout her pregnancy, she used to put drops on a piece of cloth and tie it around her wrist so she could lift it to her nose and when she wanted, she even had us do it for her while she was in labor. I think cleaning with it or smelling it is probably fine, I've never heard otherwise. Call your midwife and ask her if you're really worried.
    That was me too. I had a eucalyptus inhaler like the vicks ones and eucalyptus drops on my pillows. And addicted to eucalyptus lollies as well. And my lil man is 9 weeks old and was born 9 days over and perfectly healthy weighing 4.72kg. Don't worry and definitely don't google.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol this is me as well. I have been putting Eucalyptus solution into my bath every night, and I have stolen DD's Euky bear rub and rub it on my nose and chest as well as regularly just sniff the tube. I am obsessed and cant get enough of it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had the flu the other week I used eucalyptus oil steams & rubbed Vicks vaporub on my chest. I had a mw appt the week after & everything seemed to be just fine

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was addicted to eucalyptus drops wen i was pregnant. Couldnt stop eating them. No harm done.
    I wouldnt worry about it.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    I put it in the humidifier beside my bed most nights.... I haven't had any problems with it. If you google anything you can find its bad in pregnancy!
    The Vicks vapo steam liquid has euco in it and the pharmacist said it was fine in pregnancy.
    I may be a little late, but thought I'd add a different perspective - Vicks vapo liquid (and similar inhalants) has camphor in it and the pharmacist advised me that isn't recommended during pregnancy (not an abortifacient but does cross the placenta, can have adverse effects, so better to avoid it)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricepudding View Post
    I may be a little late, but thought I'd add a different perspective - Vicks vapo liquid (and similar inhalants) has camphor in it and the pharmacist advised me that isn't recommended during pregnancy (not an abortifacient but does cross the placenta, can have adverse effects, so better to avoid it)
    Oopppsss! I haven't used it in a while. Hopefully I've done no damage. The Vicks website says it's ok to use.
    Thanks for the info, I'll not use it from now on just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just read up on it and it said on two reputable sites that camphor taken orally or topically are not recommended in pregnancy as it crosses the placenta and can be harmful to a small foetus but inhalation is thought to be ok.
    Phew!
    I'll still not use it anymore but at least I'm now relieved as I didn't drink it or rub it in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't panic! I was in the EXACT position you are in now. I rang my MW and GP and all is fine. As long as you didn't consume any orally you and the baby are perfectly fine!! Believe me, I panicked and rang and saw everyone. I have a very healthy and cheeky bubba! xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAG242 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (29-09-2013)