+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The Ford territory is great. We have a new diesel though so fuel is probably better in ours than the older ones. Biggest space inside. My only issue is that the rear seat is not split so both seats have to be up at the same time so only room for my stroller not my good pram if all the seats are being used. My Mum has a brand new Captiva and they are poky and gutless. I can't even fit my stroller lengthways in the back behind the rear seats when they're all up. And no way are 3 carseats going in the third row. They have two narrow booster seats and no room in the middle for anyone except a small child. The Mazda CX9 is lovely but I doubt you'll find one in your price range. Good luck!

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My odyssey is 12 mths old now but we just took the grandparents to Australia Zoo on the weekend, so 5 Adults and 2 kids. It has seperate air-conditioning zones, sat nav, reverse camera, 5 anchor pts, easy to drive with good fuel economy. But I choose it based on the fact we wouldn't need 4wd as dp has one.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    It's funny isn't it! I had a Toyota Prado 2011 model until early this year. It was a work car and then I changed jobs so we bought a Mazda cx9. I never thought I'd love any car as much as my Prado, it was amazing! But I have been super pleased with how wonderful the Mazda is, in a lot of ways it is even better for our lifestyle than the Prado (we didn't need a 4wd as DH has a hilux, was too high for grandparents to climb into etc). So even though I thought I'd never love another car, the Mazda has come close, if not equal
    Haha glad you found another great car! We live in the country on a dirt road so we need a big sturdy 4wd with a bull bar in case any skippies jump out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    It's funny isn't it! I had a Toyota Prado 2011 model until early this year. It was a work car and then I changed jobs so we bought a Mazda cx9. I never thought I'd love any car as much as my Prado, it was amazing! But I have been super pleased with how wonderful the Mazda is, in a lot of ways it is even better for our lifestyle than the Prado (we didn't need a 4wd as DH has a hilux, was too high for grandparents to climb into etc). So even though I thought I'd never love another car, the Mazda has come close, if not equal
    How many k's to the tank to you get to your cx9 what year do you have? we were looking at brand new but our financial adviser told us not to go brand new even though we wanted too we only need one car as i am only able to drive. we were looking at amarok but i'm telling DF 7 seats to be safe LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get a territory and convert it to LPG!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh very interested in this thread. I love the look of the VW touregs but also mazdas. Dh likes the land rover discovery. I guess we will be test driving them to work it out and seeing fuel consumption...seeing the original post I realise these are a bit more than you wanted to pay.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by clucky_duck; 06-09-2013 at 11:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    Get a territory and convert it to LPG!
    Wouldn't that take up all boot space?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently there's a 7 seater version if the Skoda Yeti coming out. They sit at around $25k brand new for the base model.
    I think they're ugly, however in saying that its meant to be a very good, versatile and safe car.
    Its had awesome online reviews.
    Top Gear took it to do reviews on it and laughed at it, put it through the wringer and now they rate it as well!
    DH has been looking into them as he thinks its a great car - I just can't get past the shape. Looks sort of like a land rover disco?

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    How many k's to the tank to you get to your cx9 what year do you have? we were looking at brand new but our financial adviser told us not to go brand new even though we wanted too we only need one car as i am only able to drive. we were looking at amarok but i'm telling DF 7 seats to be safe LOL.
    I think the reason people say not to go brand new is that as soon as you drive it out of the car dealership, they lose so much value so therefore you lose a lot of money. It's the same with any car, always better to go second hand.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    Oh very interested in this thread. I love the look of the VW touregs but also mazdas. Dh likes the land rover discovery. I guess we will be test driving them to work it out and seeing fuel consumption...seeing the original post I realise these are a bit more than you wanted to pay.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This is what I wanted... Until I saw the price tag LOL! and i didnt think they were 7 seater?