+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Neighbours Windchimes (part petty vent, part WWYD?)

Ok, so this is completely petty but....
    The vacant block next door has been purchased and built on in the past year. So we have gone from having silence and semi - bush to a large house (they cut down every tree) and neighbours. They are nice people. I already spoke to them once because their dog was barking non stop outside DD's window day and night and waking her up. They were lovely about it and have now fenced the dog off from that area. Still barks day and night but not outside her window. I dont mind this too much, feel sorry for the dog though as it is left outside and probably bored. Now they have put up large Balinese style wind chimes in their courtyard, right outside our bedroom window. Last night was really windy and they were soooo annoying! Do you think I should say anything? Or just suck it up? I really want to make sure we get along with them as we will be here long term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think you should say something if it starts preventing you from experiencing quiet enjoyment of your property.

To those who might think it's petty, they're not the ones having to listen to it! Only YOU know how annoying it is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would drive me crazy! I hate wind chimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate them too! But also accept they probably think they are lovely. However, their bedroom is on the other side of the house and I don't think they would be able to hear them at night. My grandparents have them and their neighbours complained, I know they were very offended and now put a sock on them at nighttime. Which they promptly take off at 6am when they get up haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are they the wooden style ones? I love the sound they make lol, so no help here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, the wooden ones. I know, that is why I feel bad saying something because I know lots of people like them! But they drive me crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    put up about 20 of the metal ones that do the ''ching ching'' sound.... and bug them right back. lol.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (06-09-2013),Gracie's Mum  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our neighbours have about 5 sets of wind chimes on their front patio, when we first moved in it drove me mad and I was seriously considering talking to them, but reluctant because obviously we had just moved in and the chimes were there first lol. But after a while, I just stopped hearing them and I don't even notice them now. Neighbour noise is such a tricky issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    lol I recently bought a metal windchime, which I keep trying to put up out the front, it sounds nice on a normal day but without fail each time I've put it up we've had a crazy windy day next day so I've had to take it down! Dd was complaining she couldn't sleep cause of it so I'm sure the neighbours could hear it too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmmmm wind chimes are my 'nails down the chalkboard'. I would suggest speaking to them with a cake in hand as a sweetener to move them.