+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default *Spin Off* Out of school activities with 3 or more kids

I'd already been thinking about this as it's weighing into any decision about having a third, but I noticed in the thread about out of school activities some parents with a lot of children have their kids doing a lot of activities and I'm wondering how you manage it.

Do you need to set a limit to the activities per child (so they feel like they are greatly missing out)?

Does one of you bear the bulk of the load running them around or do you and your partner share it? Do you think your children would do more/less if it was the other way around?

Can/do your other children stay home while you run one of them around or do they all get dragged everywhere?

DD is in her 1st year of full time school and doing dance 2 nights a week (tap & jazz) and swimming on Saturdays. Swimming is a not-negotiable for me, all my chilren will be in lessons until they can swim a 25m pool freestyle and backstroke. The dance though I figure she's still trying things out to see what she prefers (loves both though - eek!) while no2 is still little and portable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I have 3 kids aged 7, nearly 6 & 3.5. DS does soccer, taequondo & tennis (summer), DD1 does ballet (classical & tap twice a week), gymnastics, DD2 gymnastics, ballet (once a week), playgroup...they all do swimming. I try & schedule my youngest activities during school hours (except ballet) & I have help from DH & my mum to make sure I can get to everything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pigeonpairplusone For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 4 daughters aged 6,4,3&1 and between them they do swimming, horse riding, gymnastics and fit kids.

I'm the same and swimming isn't negotiable. Me and hubby usually both go to swimming which is on a Sunday.

Gymnastics I usually take the oldest 2 and DH will stay home with the younger 2. Occasionally DH will take the girls cause he loves seeing whats going on.

Horse riding I take all of the girls and the youngest usually runs around or watches.

Fit kids is done at the gym Which also had a crèche so either me or DH takes all the girls but this is also the after school activity that we miss if we can't be bothered or have something on.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My kids do swimming and the girls did calisthenics last year but it was too expensive.