+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We live in Adelaide and I find it a really affordable state. We have PHI, house, everything we want. Should probably save more but that will change now we have a house! Just used to that luxurious life of living at mums lol.

I think dfs wage is perfect for what we have 70k a year. I don't work and I'm able to be a SAHM with that. Where we live I wouldn't dream of sending our kids public 😕 it will be private all the way. We are due our second in march. We use cloth nappies etc.

I would love to live in QLD though!

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    For those with big savings out of curiosity, what are you keeping your savings for...I'm being serious not asking a dumb q

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We don't have big savings yet but that's our target. To have big savings - mainly for the kids' future. We won't tell this to our kids so that they won't be complacent in life however if yet need funding to study in a great school like Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge ( daydreaming!), we will use the funds for them to get into those schools and for their living expenses while being there. Or when they get older and they get married, (I don't know how the economy will look like 30 yrs from now), in case they need cash for a house downpayment, then we can shell out a bit.

Savings in generally is just good. Appreciate ants gather food to save for the rainy days. Human beings should too. At least that's my humble opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree hopefully fertile it is interesting, it just depends on what is comfortable for you?? It just shows every family is different.

as for savings, we have a good amount we recently looked at buying a 3rd house. We save for our future, for our children. Once our babies are older we want to go to USA and take them to Disney land. Also when DH retires we want to live the way we do now, no stress and travel. And eventually we can pass on a good inheritance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It seems the financial choices you make are similar to dh and Iz Shopp. We just bought our third house. Its to hopefully set us up for retirement as my parents did property and are now very comfortable. Lots of ppl would say, its a bit of debt, but often you have to spend money to make it....I def think with our govt and aging population. Its too risky to not have your money distributed around like savings, super and investments. I'm not counting on the govt fir the pension let me tell you. But, I feel blessed I am in this position!! What happens to those who can't afford to do that and might not get the pension....scary to think about

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app