+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where u live definitely has an influence on how much u need too !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in perth and rent 10 mins out from the city and have 2 car loans. I'm a sahm and DH earns $160k......our bills etc are so damn expensive and we should be saving a lot more then we are......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by cheeeeesecake; 11-09-2013 at 14:13.

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the income required to live in Sydney varies a lot depending on where you actually live. Property prices in the eastern suburbs and north shore can be out of control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
    I think the income required to live in Sydney varies a lot depending on where you actually live. Property prices in the eastern suburbs and north shore can be out of control.
    Agree! These people living in this area are the same people working in CBD along with people living in west and south. Living in south and west are generally more affordable than in north and east. How do this north and east people manage it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow cricket bat...we in Perth single income $60k a year 3 kids all in private schools, 2 cars, mortgage....yes not loads left over but kids never go without...suddenly feel like hell poor ***. No offence at all to you cricket bat :-) guess just reality shot

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am honestly inspired with those who are living comfortably with income of less than $100k plus multiple children and even the single earners. My whole family just moved into Sydney from overseas (no taxes). We are still trying to adapt to the ways of living here. One big adjustment is tax 30-45%?! Big ouch! Obviously we are spending big with our furniture, clothes and all the setting up your life expenses and it seems money is just going down the drain way faster than I anticipated!!!! Hopefully, when we get a bit settled, I will see our income can cover all our expenses.

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinksand View Post
    Agree! These people living in this area are the same people working in CBD along with people living in west and south. Living in south and west are generally more affordable than in north and east. How do this north and east people manage it?
    You either earn big, or go into debt, or both I guess.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PlayNice For This Useful Post:

pinksand  (06-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure there is a 'right' income as such. Like many people have said its what you need to live comfortablely within your means, and that means something different to everyone. My hubby and I currently earn around $60k a year each, we know when we have the bub we will basically go onto one wage for 20 weeks of one year and all of the second year. But considering the average wage is $40-50k here in Melbourne and min is $30k, we would rather budget and save than have both of us work. We know we are very lucky in the fact we are able to do this. Basically it comes down to what suits your lifestyle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Sydney is similar to Perth in terms of living expenses. I know if you go out from the city the house prices are always going to be cheaper. So I guess if you aren't earning enough then you will just have to move further away? Life is just simpler. It seems the more you earn the more you spend because there is a bit of an attitude of oh well we can afford it. Its priorities too. Some ppl might choose to be sahm and earn less but want that tome with their kids whereas others want to bring in more $$ its interesting hey!

I really admire the ppl who are good budgeters. I am not one of them and wish I had more will power in that way.
    For those with big savings out of curiosity, what are you keeping your savings for...I'm being serious not asking a dumb q

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by clucky_duck; 06-09-2013 at 00:34.