+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have the the Bosch 'Lifestyle Automatic' Dishwasher and it is seriously the quietest dish washer I've ever heard run. I love the 'hygiene' setting which acts like a steriliser, very handy when you have kids, the childproof lock another good feature and the space inside is very adequate for us who are a family of 6 people. Would highly recommend it as Bosch always produce quality products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ETA: Ours is free standing as well, so very handy with all the moves we have had in recent times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    We have the the Bosch 'Lifestyle Automatic' Dishwasher and it is seriously the quietest dish washer I've ever heard run. I love the 'hygiene' setting which acts like a steriliser, very handy when you have kids, the childproof lock another good feature and the space inside is very adequate for us who are a family of 6 people. Would highly recommend it as Bosch always produce quality products.
    We have this one too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miele Miele Miele all the way. Love it. We had a beko one for a few yrs and it never really washed all that well and sounded like a tank. Recently it died mid cycle so we upgraded to a Miele under bench. OMG I love it!
    Even the bottom of the range Miele is so super quiet. Df had to sit right next to it to check it was working cause we couldn't hear it. Dishes look lovely and it has better programmes that are more water and power saving than the beko one we had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 1yo Westinghouse freestanding and love it. It's so quiet - my brother says it sounds like little fairies are in my kitchen washing the dishes - you only notice it's on when the water drains and gurgles in the pipes!

I love the adjustable top shelf as it means I can fit my huge chef's pan in the bottom or taller things like jugs, collander, mixing bowls in the top making it really efficient.

And the Eco cycle, that I use for everything but really bakes on dishes, only uses 11.6l of water - important as we're on tank.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awesome, I would never have known about half these features, thanks everyone
    But what does "free standing" mean? Is it different to the normal under-bench?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It means it doesn't need to be built in to the kitchen - it can just slot in to the dishwasher hole in an existing kitchen, or sit completely on its own if it needs to. I've even heard of people having them on castors so they can have them in the laundry and wheel them into the kitchen to load/unload!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yayy i got my dishwasher! Thanks everyone for your tips, you were pretty spot on recommending Bosch and Miele. They are definitely the best choices. I ended up with a Miele because it just felt so much more solid and everyone who has one raves about them. Asko would have been good too but outside my price range.

Now I just have to wait for the new kitchen, hopefully by the end of jan it will all be up and running. i cant wait!