+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Where on earth could she have possibly be going in such a hurry anyway? If she said "excuse me" and realised you hadn't heard, then why not just say it again? You don't touch someone else's child, unless they are in danger!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like to walk on travelators if I'm in a rush, but often you can't get past people. BIG DEAL. I would never impatiently grab someone's limb to move them out of the way!

She was out of line touching your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How rude, I get so angry when people push past me with the pram on escalators. Like seriously? You can't just wait 30 seconds? If its clear, walk away but if it's blocked especially by a pram or trolley I think they should just wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always feel lazy on them if I'm not walking, and I like the feeling of going fast for minimal effort! I am happy to wait if someone is in front of me though. Then they are the lazy ones blocking the way!

Totally agree op, they should not of grabbed your son. They should have just waited if they couldn't be bothered to get your attention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I can see why the woman may have been annoyed wanting to pass... But she has no right to touch your son I would have been furious and probably would have reacted the same way! Even if she did say excuse me and you hadn't heard, a polite tap on your shoulder to catch your attention and then saying excuse me again would have been better than grabbing your sons leg!
    This.

I'd have been furious! From behind she was in no position to tell if your dons leg was out for a reason. She needed to speak to you, not touch the child!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Must have been a shopping emergency!

Half off at the inappropriate douche store

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

grumpybump  (04-09-2013),melimum  (04-09-2013),moongazer  (04-09-2013),Trio  (04-09-2013)

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    She had no excuse to touch your child in that way! Even if she did say excuse me and you weren't able to hear travelators aren't that long! She would of had to wait an extra 20 seconds. Impatient people really irk me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's very rude to push past like that. Excuse me on its own is just an attention grabber anyway, not permission to push past. It might be, 'excuse me, may I pass?' or 'excuse me you dropped something', or 'excuse me your hair is on fire'.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-09-2013),Purple Lily  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate it when people touch my dd, she has a huge fear of strangers so it never goes down well! Its never appropriate to touch a normal stranger but people seem to think that touching children and pregnant womens bellies is absolutely fine.

I would have said something too. Normally if im in a hurry on those things I say excuse me and if they dont hear I say it louder so they can.
    They arent for walking on. Thats why the trolleys have magnets on the bottom. (And to keep from running away)
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would be annoyed too, but I would have probably made sure that my child wasn't being an inconvenience to others (with his legs touching either side so she couldn't squeeze past).

I would never grab some random kid (certainly not in that situation anyway!) but I do understand the frustration when people are blocking your path and you have to get past quickly. I was actually blocked by heaps of people today - I finish at 5.30 and have to get to daycare by 6.30. Without traffic, it's a 1/2 drive away... and then there's the 10 min walk to my car.

People sometimes do have places to be... they're not just rushing for the fun of it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (04-09-2013)