+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    Ok just to be sure when you all say travelator are they the same as escalators ? Or am I missing something.
    A travelator is a moving ramp - so like an escalator but no steps.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (04-09-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    Ok just to be sure when you all say travelator are they the same as escalators ? Or am I missing something.
    They are flat escalators designed for shopping centres and the trolleys. No steps.
    In airports they are flat and I agree with pp that the airport ones are for people to walk on. Shopping centre ones being sloped are designed for standing still.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-09-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBetweenTheThorns View Post
    I hear what you are saying and if I don't have a pram or,trolley I do walk them but only if there is no one in front of me.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app
    For sure, if you have a pram or trolley, stay put But perhaps stay put to one side so others can pass? Just a thought. Obviously this isn't always possible.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

RoseBetweenTheThorns  (04-09-2013),Stiflers Mom  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Actually they are not designed for pram or wheelchairs. The trolleys have latch that locks them into place. It would be very easy to knock someone out of wheelchair or pram by pushing past.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Correct. There are actually signs on them that say no prams. Unfortunately more often than not the centre I go to has the lift out of order so I have no choice but to use it. I hate it though, the first time I used it with my pram the front wheel got caught at the bottom and completely freaked me out. I now have to make sure to tilt the front wheel up before the end.

I do agree though that the woman shouldn't have touched your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I am in shopping centres in general, I have found that people often say "excuse me" and then proceed to barge through a small gap. I think the correct and polite way to behave is to say excuse me and then wait for the person to move. If they do not, then perhaps say excuse me again or give a very soft pat on the shoulder. Saying one "excuse me" is not an excuse to barge through and knock someone.

I also find it extremely impolite when someone barges into a lift or a train before I have exited. So rude.
    Last edited by TeBe; 04-09-2013 at 13:26.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I can see why the woman may have been annoyed wanting to pass... But she has no right to touch your son I would have been furious and probably would have reacted the same way! Even if she did say excuse me and you hadn't heard, a polite tap on your shoulder to catch your attention and then saying excuse me again would have been better than grabbing your sons leg!
    I agree, a tap on your shoulder probably would have been what i'd done. Id also be pretty annoyed ur kid was blocking the thing and you were obviously oblivious about it but all that person had to do was us her friggen common sense to get ur attention, not touch your child. Some people are just $hit.

Sorry you had a crappy morning.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to B00ts For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No matter how much of a rush someone is in, and regardless of if they said excuse me, it's never ok to touch someone else's child. I would have been fuming

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (04-09-2013),LoveLivesHere  (04-09-2013),snowqu33n  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one that likes to walk past, but I stop if there isn't room to pass without touching someone. I would never say "excuse me" and ask someone to move - exception - if I was running and time was really an issue (eg trying to catch a bus) then I might, but not if I was just walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    No matter how much of a rush someone is in, and regardless of if they said excuse me, it's never ok to touch someone else's child. I would have been fuming
    This. My poor DS2 would have had a complete and utter meltdown if a stranger touched him like that. I would gave gone off my nut.

I have a pram and 2 kids walking with me. Keeping us all to the left is just not possible.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the travelators I've ever used have not been wide enough for someone to squeeze past a pram (or trolley) and I'd be pretty peeved if someone tried given I'm usually holding the pram trying to stop it rolling down. How rude.