+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought travelators were used in shopping centres etc to accommodate for prams and wheelchairs rather than using escalators and then needing to install more conveniently located lifts.

I'm an adult and am not impressed when I get pushed out of the way for someone to barge past. I would see red if the pushed/touched my child regardless of what said child was doing. Find a way to communicate, don't push.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That would really upset me, surely there isn't that big a rush that she needed to lay a hand on your child to get past. There's no 'Keep left unless overtaking' sign, you have a right to stand wherever you want with your pram on one, imo..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Regardless the other lady was out of line: she should never have touched your child I would have given her a mouthful too.

That being said one of my pet peeves is people who block both sides of a travelator/elevator. Stick to the left people!

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-09-2013),dancingchipmunk  (04-09-2013),HugsBunny  (04-09-2013),jagamoe  (04-09-2013),Jellyfishie  (04-09-2013),Joeee  (04-09-2013),Lincolns mummy  (04-09-2013),Monkeyface1  (05-09-2013),oozzle  (05-09-2013),PeJu's Mum  (04-09-2013),River Song  (04-09-2013),RobinSparkles  (04-09-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (04-09-2013),smallpotatoes  (04-09-2013),snowqu33n  (04-09-2013),Stiflers Mom  (04-09-2013),TimeForWine  (04-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (04-09-2013),~Marigold~  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I thought travelators were used in shopping centres etc to accommodate for prams and wheelchairs rather than using escalators and then needing to install more conveniently located lifts.

I'm an adult and am not impressed when I get pushed out of the way for someone to barge past. I would see red if the pushed/touched my child regardless of what said child was doing. Find a way to communicate, don't push.
    Yep, and for trolleys that can't usually be moved whilst on one, they kind of lock in for the ride.. So I think they are more of a stationary thing where ppl could perhaps display a little patience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Regardless the other lady was out of line: she should never have touched your child I would have given her a mouthful too.

That being said one of my pet peeves is people who block both sides of a travelator/elevator. Stick to the left people!
    Not always possible with a trolley or double pram though... For those just standing, I guess it would be common courtesy to stay left.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post

Actually they are not designed for pram or wheelchairs. The trolleys have latch that locks them into place. It would be very easy to knock someone out of wheelchair or pram by pushing past.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok just to be sure when you all say travelator are they the same as escalators ? Or am I missing something.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    This could spark a spin off, but I think travelators ARE made for walking on, with the idea being the movement plus your walking means quicker travel- like the flat ones all through the airport
    I hear what you are saying and if I don't have a pram or,trolley I do walk them but only if there is no one in front of me.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't had a chance to read any of the replies here yet, but who touches someone else's child?? To save herself, what, maybe 10 seconds? Rude. I would have said something as well. What would she have said if someone pushed her leg or whatever out of the way? Your DS is just a baby. Impatient much?

Today at music time at the library, this 3 year old kid ran past DD who has just started standing on her own/walking and actually shoved her out of his way as he scrambled to the front of the room. I yelled out "Oi!" after him, and was going to tell him to be careful but he didn't hear me. And that was a 3 year old toddler! Now, if it was an adult... let's just say I wouldn't have been too pleased and I would have voiced that, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

This. I get the sh!ts if I can't walk up an escalator, because I'm usually in a hurry trying to cram as much as I can into my time.
    However I always say 'excuse me'. If they don't move, I say it louder. If they still don't, I just wait (impatiently!). I would never push past anyone, and never grab a child to move them.