+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I just yelled at someone in the shopping mall! *vent*

Ok, so today 3 year old DS and I were at the shopping mall, on the travelator thingy, DS was chatting away to me and I was struggling to hear him as it was noisy. At the same time he was sitting with his legs out his toes touching each side of the travelator. Suddenly the woman behind me squeezes by me, grabs DS's ankle, shoves his leg out of the way and barges past!

I saw red instantly and shouted "hey, what do you think you are doing!" She turns round an stares at me, I say " you could have said excuse me!" She says "I did" ( maybe she did? But I certainly didn't hear her) by now I'm fuming and yell " just don't touch my kid!!" She ignored me and hurried off, what a rude bish!! Wish I'd have thought of something better to say, but its hard when you're taken by surprise!

Anyway, just wanted a vent about it as it made me really angry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    While I agree she shouldn't have touched your child, I imagine it would be very annoying being unable to pass as a child was sitting down blocking the walkway. Maybe have him stand next to you in future? I'm pretty sure it can be dangerous to sit on them anyway as clothing etc can get caught in them and dragged in at the end- I've actually seen a travelator eat a croc shoe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just re read my post. Sorry, he was sat in the pram, not on the floor of the travelator.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How rude that she touched your son, but I can see how annoying it would be for others to have your sons legs blocking them from passing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well she said excuse me..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can see why the woman may have been annoyed wanting to pass... But she has no right to touch your son I would have been furious and probably would have reacted the same way! Even if she did say excuse me and you hadn't heard, a polite tap on your shoulder to catch your attention and then saying excuse me again would have been better than grabbing your sons leg!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (04-09-2013),beebs  (04-09-2013),Chippa  (04-09-2013),Cue  (04-09-2013),HugsBunny  (04-09-2013),jagamoe  (04-09-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (04-09-2013),melimum  (04-09-2013),MrsHoward  (04-09-2013),RobinSparkles  (04-09-2013),SimplyMum  (04-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Um what the heck. Stupid lady. That would make me furious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    I just re read my post. Sorry, he was sat in the pram, not on the floor of the travelator.
    Oh good yes, definitely rude to touch your child. Perhaps she did say excuse me, you did say it was noisy? She should have tapped you politely on the shoulder to get your attention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by unsullied View Post
    Well she said excuse me..
    Sounds like a misunderstanding to me she said excuse me and when nothing happened (because you didn't hear) pushed past...

Don't agree with touching your child though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have said something to her too. I would have seen red if she'd touched my child too.

In fact I once yelled at someone in a shopping centre who told my child off.

Hugs! I remember the confrontation I had gave me an adrenalin rush and i was shaky all day after it.