+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I reduced from 5 to 3 day weeks from 32 weeks and finished completely at 35 weeks.
    It was a long hr+ drive each way to work and sitting in the car really hurts my back ATM. I just can't seem to get comfy.
    As well as having DS, school commitments, weekends full of cleaning, washing, cooking etc it was all getting too much for me

I'm glad I finished when I did. I think I struck a nice balance in that I feel well enough to be pottering about the house in preparation for babies arrival but not too soon that I will get bored.

I would discuss it with your employer and mention your concerns for not leaving them understaffed in a busy period but also looking after yourself.

It's near impossible to know how you will feel until you get closer. Like other posters have said. Maybe tell them a date but also you have the option of asking your doctor to give you a cert. if its not working for you or you have health issues you couldn't have foreseen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in retail too and I finished up at 34 weeks. I was sooo ready by then, I was getting hot all the time at work even in the air-con. My feet were always sore and I was buggered by the end of my shifts.
    I had a really good pregnancy but even 34 weeks was enough for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi little monkey I am due middle of feb and I am finishing December. I just think u never get that time back and working in the middle of summer and heavily pregnant cannot be good on our bodies!!! Especially if u are on your feet all day!! Plus this way I can enjoy the Christmas lead up and spend some time looking after me and unborn bub!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I finished at around 28 weeks I think. I had a few health issues with blood pressure and got a drs letter to stop working which meant I would still be eligible for ppl. I was stoked to finish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    38 weeks- nurse
    Last couple of weeks were pretty hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finished at 37 with my first and had her at 38, it was hard but I needed the money.

With this baby I finished at 34 and it's one week in and I'm bored out of my mind!!! I could still be at work but oh well, what can you do haha.

If you work retail I'd be inclined to try and finish a few weeks early, especially in summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi little monkey I am due middle of feb and I am finishing December. I just think u never get that time back and working in the middle of summer and heavily pregnant cannot be good on our bodies!!! Especially if u are on your feet all day!! Plus this way I can enjoy the Christmas lead up and spend some time looking after me and unborn bub!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go on maternity leave tomorrow at 34 weeks and I'm very happy with this decision as I'm physically and mentally exhausted. I've had a few hiccups along the way throughout this pregnancy so I'm very happy that hubby convinced me to finish at this time. This is also baby number one for me so I don't have another child to look after, I can be a little selfish. I work at a desk job and found that my limbs were beginning to swell up and it hasn't even been warm! I can't imagine what it would be like being heavily pregnant in retail and in the hot weather but I can't imagine it being fun! I've worked Christmas in retail while not being pregnant and that was just a nightmare. Good luck with your decision making! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    CAn you reduce your hours ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finish up tomorrow, I will be 34 weeks. I work full time and 10 hr days plus a hr travel to and from work. I'm absolutely exhausted. I have been sleeping terrible and as I start work much earlier than most I've been struggling the last 3 weeks but held out. I sit at a desk so find my back from last two weeks has been bad and my ankles due to not being able to put them up swell up bad at the end of the day. I guess everyone is different but I know I definitely couldn't do any longer especially after today I struggled to keep awake driving home.