+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When our ultrasound technician got to that point, she told us that she was measuring the lower body and to look away if we didn't want to know the sex. We wanted it to be a surprise so we looked away.

But honestly, I could never make head nor tails of anything in those bloody ultrasounds in the first place that I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference if we had snuck a peek!

That said, it's entirely possible you were looking at something of a non-winky origin. Those ultrasounds are like one big mess of a Picasso sometimes. A Picasso on CRACK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies girls, all very good to know. We have one ds and the truth is that the gender really doesn't matter but this will be our last baby & I guess I have a natural urge for a daughter. Im glad now that we still kept the surprise, all will be revealed in January!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely could have been the umbilical cord. We went for our 20 week scan on Friday also, but we wanted to know. When she first started, I saw what looked like testicles on the screen and said that to hubby straight away but the technician didn't say anything.
    We already have a boy and both though this was a girl because everything pointed that way this time round, so we were surprised to see what we thought were boy bits.
    Anyway, at the end of the scan she asked if we wanted to know and I said yes please. She confirmed it was a little girl :-)
    I asked her what I'd seen at the beginning and she said probably the cord. So, you may have mixed it up like I did, it will still be a surprise for you :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lisas854 For This Useful Post:

xanadu  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you will be surprised either way. When I had my 20 week scan I asked the technician how sure they are when they predict the sex that what they are actually looking for is the penis or vagina. He told me they don't look at the genitalia as its too inaccurate they look for the ovaries or testies, it they are high and far apart (ovaries) its a girl and low and together (testicles) its a boy. But I think they all do it differently that was just his way of doing it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbimummi For This Useful Post:

xanadu  (11-09-2013)