+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ovulation after D&C

Quick question. Would an OPK detect any pregnancy hormones a month after a d&c?

I've just done an OPK for the sake of it and even though its been 42 days since my d&c I still haven't had a period but my OPK is almost positive.

Would it be safe for the the hypothetical baby if I feel pregnant before a real period? Or will it increase my chances of miscarrying again if I did fall pregnant before having a period?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nomie,

I've been following your journey. Sorry for your loss the exact same thing happened to me though (empty gestational sac at 7 weeks)! I had a positive OPK 2 weeks after d&c but didn't do another one after that. I am now 16 weeks pregnant though and it was the first cycle before I got my period after d&c and bub is doing fine!

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I should add that even though we weren't trying, once we found out we were pregnant again, we figured out I would have ovulated roughly 4 weeks after d&c if that helps at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsDL, congratulations on your bub. So happy for you! So does that mean the first OPK you took was a false positive considering you didn't actually ovulate until two weeks after that positive OPK? Or maybe you ovulated twice that cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I think 2 weeks later it was just left over hormone... But I would think it would've been gone by the time you took yours? Either you're ovulating again or you've got some retained product? Maybe just do a few over the next few days and see what the lines do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there a chance you could be preg? Have you done a hpt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I can't be pregnant. DH and I have had a bit of a dry spell since our d&c (apart from last night).

I've just taken a hpt and it has a clear faint positive. What? Do I just keep waiting for the hcg levels to go down and for my first AF to arrive?
    I also took an opk which is still clearly positive but it must be picking up the left over pregnancy hormones??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd go and see your gp because you might have retained product left over from d&c which can cause infection if not treated. Not meaning to scare you but I think if they got everything your levels should have gone by now.
    It's so confusing and you definitely don't need all this after what you've already been through.
    Thinking of you xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your help MrsDL. I'm being sent off to get a blood test tomorrow. I will keep you updated. Hoping that my body might sort this out itself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood test came back already. Hcg levels are at 100. I'll be going in for an ultrasound on Monday to check there is no leftover tissue.