+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Could you please tell me on what basis it is hate speech and your evidence that it's leftists liking the page.
    Hate speech:

Tony Abbott is a bigot. F*** him and his hateful, backwards, repressed nasty f**kery. If two people are in love who the f**k are you to tell them it's not 'valid'. F**k you.
    If that is not hate speech, I would like to see an example of what is.

I have no evidence to support my assumption that it is leftists who support that page. I guess the last few posts pretty much agree with my assumption though.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I'm not sure if this website has been discussed, but I found it absolutely pathetic. You should not have to resort to constant swearing in order to get your message across. If you do, then your message probably isn't very strong. I can't see how anyone can think that this sort of advertising is beneficial to their cause. I guess it has had 1000's of likes, but I think that also says something about people of the left. Hate speak.

I won't link to the actual site, but I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

http://dontbeaf**kingidiot.com/
    Well, the URL should have given you some indication that there would be swearing. If it didn't then maybe the disclaimer at the beginning "A sweary angry yet accurate comparison of policy" might have given you a clue? If you can get passed the swearing it just points out the differences in history and policies of the ALP and LNP with some opinion (albeit containing a lot of swearing).

It's an opinion of one person who happens to know how to publish a webpage. Do you really think this is the worst thing on the internet? Is it the obvious bias that upsets you?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (05-09-2013),beebs  (05-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. I leave for a few pages and come back to discover I rant hate speeches. The last I knew I was giving out cookies...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Oh Andrew Bolt, Alan Jones, Michael Smith et al are going to have a field day after Saturday! But coming from them, they say it is fact

http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2013...of-speech.html
    I am all for free speech. That swear word filled website included.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hate speech:

I have no evidence to support my assumption that it is leftists who support that page. I guess the last few posts pretty much agree with my assumption though.
    I was always of the understanding that hate speech incites, or attempts to incite, violence/discrimination.

I'd have to do some more research re the specifics of hate speech. Of course, it's not polite, but I don't think not being offended by swearing equates to promoting violence or hate. I'm not offended by swearing in the least.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I never said that.

Not one person on this forum (except for Pegassus), can say that that website was inappropriate. I think that says alot. And it is very disappointing, to think that this is a parenting forum that mainly consists of parents who find that sort of language acceptable. I would hope that you don't let your kids talk like that.

If someone of the right talked like that, I would have absolutely no hesitation saying that it is inappropriate, immature, stupid etc.
    I'll quote the top of that website again:

'CREATED BY A HUMAN BEING WHO DOESN'T BELONG TO ANY POLITICAL PARTY BUT DOES GIVE A ****'

I see a website with that web address and I just don't bother with it. That's my stance, why is that so hard to understand? I see something not appropriate or relevant to what I think I should be reading and I exit the site or throw it in the bin. I think that's showing I don't endorse that type of attitude, and why I have a bigger problem when a candidate for PM is disrespectful, offensive or inappropriate. That is somebody running for office and representing a country I want to raise my children in, so you're d*mn right I'm going to care more about his actions than some Joe Blow that makes a stupid website that I can completely ignore and make sure my children don't see. Harder to ignore the actions of a PM candidate.

Again, hop off that high horse before you fall.
    Last edited by Kirst33; 05-09-2013 at 13:51.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Maybe this?
    1 abbott ditch witch.jpg
    2 abott ditch witch.jpg

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (05-09-2013),beebs  (05-09-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    It's an opinion of one person who happens to know how to publish a webpage. Do you really think this is the worst thing on the internet? Is it the obvious bias that upsets you?
    Not at all. It doesn't upset me. What does annoy me though, is the hypocritical double standards from certain members of this forum. Have a picture of a child on a billboard with a message is the worst thing ever, along with someone asking if another 'ever shuts up'. They are disgusting. But a swearing hate filled rant against a member of parliament is perfectly acceptable.

It seems that it is not the principal of right and wrong, it is the side that matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    Yes. Those signs were inappropriate. Abbott did not make them. His staff could have been a bit smarter by having them removed though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes. Those signs were inappropriate. Abbott did not make them. His staff could have been a bit smarter by having them removed though.
    And the labor party didn't make that website.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (05-09-2013),beebs  (05-09-2013),Busy-Bee  (05-09-2013)