+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yeah, but at the end of the day who is anyone, you, me, Tony Abbott, anyone to say who and who should not get married. It is ok if you don't believe in marriage yourself, by what gives anyone the right to inflict their views on other people? Especially if it will have zero impact on them.
    I think that society's view on how important marriage is to a relationship does impact on people, regardless of their own personal views. We have already heard in this thread that some people feel that a relationship is more valuable if the people are married - this view has a negative impact on couples that choose not buy into the tradition of marriage. So I can understand that if you felt very strongly that you didn't believe in marriage, it would negatively impact you to see society moving more towards the view that all legitimate relationships should be registered by marriage.

Just a disclaimer, I don't really feel all that strongly about it (I think marriage is a bit silly, but that's it). I'm all for gay people partaking in the folly if they wish. I just think some of the points of view expressing in the article were interesting and worth talking about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Oh mean like this? I agree absolutely pathetic. But not surprising really, this is what one does when they don't want anyone to focus on their policies and costings.

http://australianconservative.com/20...s-chooks-govt/
    I don't see a cartoon highlighting how dysfunctional the government has been (despite it being clearly obvious to most), with not one bad word or offensive comment can be compared to a website that is littered with swear words and offensive language.

Do you find that website acceptable?

Why is it so hard to label something as wrong when it is from your side of politics? The double standards are amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    More examples of very low election tactics.

An ALP supporter delivers offensive pamphlets in Bennelong.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226710927687

I'm not sure if this website has been discussed, but I found it absolutely pathetic. You should not have to resort to constant swearing in order to get your message across. If you do, then your message probably isn't very strong. I can't see how anyone can think that this sort of advertising is beneficial to their cause. I guess it has had 1000's of likes, but I think that also says something about people of the left. Hate speak.

I won't link to the actual site, but I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

http://dontbeaf**kingidiot.com/
    From the telegraph article:

'Mr Li said yesterday: "Let me be very clear: this material was not authorised, authored or sanctioned by myself or by my campaign, and any suggestion to the contrary is completely false.

"I had not seen the flyer until it was physically handed to me by a journalist and I was horrified that someone would produce this type of filth.

"Whoever is responsible for the material should be dealt with strongly by the authorities."'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Funny, I think the same thing about a PM candidate commenting 'does this guy ever shut up' to the PM of their country during a debate.
    You found that offensive? But at the same time can't say that you found that website inappropriate. The double standards can't be more obvious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    From the telegraph article:

'Mr Li said yesterday: "Let me be very clear: this material was not authorised, authored or sanctioned by myself or by my campaign, and any suggestion to the contrary is completely false.

"I had not seen the flyer until it was physically handed to me by a journalist and I was horrified that someone would produce this type of filth.

"Whoever is responsible for the material should be dealt with strongly by the authorities."'
    I know. I read the article. Did you find that pamphlet acceptable too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You found that offensive? But at the same time can't say that you found that website inappropriate. The double standards can't be more obvious.
    Lets copy and paste the top of that website:

'CREATED BY A HUMAN BEING WHO DOESN'T BELONG TO ANY POLITICAL PARTY BUT DOES GIVE A SH*T'

ETA: again, not a candidate or a party so I'm not really giving it stock.

Somebody wanting to be PM essentially telling the PM to shut up, yeah, I think that's worrisome.
    Last edited by Kirst33; 05-09-2013 at 13:07.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-09-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    And before it's said - the headless chooks website has already been labelled as wrong by both sides of the members here.

I do always find it funny when someone points out something that is wrong and instead of saying - "yes, it is" the response is: "but look what they did"

Reminds me of children fighting

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

PlayNice  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know. I read the article. Did you find that pamphlet acceptable too?
    I didn't read it because its not endorsed by a party or candidate. Why should I read it and be in an uproar when a candidate or his campaign didn't write it?

An edit from my previous post about the website you're in an uproar about that may have been missed:

ETA: again, not a candidate or a party so I'm not really giving it stock.

Somebody wanting to be PM essentially telling the PM to shut up, yeah, I think that's worrisome.
    Last edited by Kirst33; 05-09-2013 at 13:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You are the one saying it has a lt to say about the people of the left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I do always find it funny when someone points out something that is wrong and instead of saying - "yes, it is" the response is: "but look what they did"
    The inability to acknowledge wrong doing is astounding. It doesn't get more blatantly offensive, but yet some are unable to acknowledge it. Hiding behind 'it wasn't from the party so it doesn't matter' is not valid. It is not a question of who is wrong, it is a question of what is wrong.