+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    ... but sick and tired of the over-zealous demonising?

I hate that I find myself defending him time and time again on here, and it's not because I like him but because there's just so much nonsense being written. It is possible to disagree with someone on most points but concede on others, and given how central Australian politics any other scenario seems highly unlikely!

Every time someone jumps on an Abbott-gaffe or makes sweeping general assumptions about his character I can't help but assume they're struggling to find something concrete to pin on him. You know, something more than just "the vibe". Or some compilation of sound-bytes a Labor staffer has put together to swing your vote.

It's fine to dislike the man; plenty do, myself included. But why not stick to the facts? Stick to the policies? Instead of dreaming up content where there is none and reading between every imagined line?! Not to mention pretending that Labor hasn't given us plenty of fuel themselves. To read it here, anyone would think they'd been some kind of exemplary government.
    Yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    ... but sick and tired of the over-zealous demonising?

I hate that I find myself defending him time and time again on here, and it's not because I like him but because there's just so much nonsense being written. It is possible to disagree with someone on most points but concede on others, and given how central Australian politics any other scenario seems highly unlikely!

Every time someone jumps on an Abbott-gaffe or makes sweeping general assumptions about his character I can't help but assume they're struggling to find something concrete to pin on him. You know, something more than just "the vibe". Or some compilation of sound-bytes a Labor staffer has put together to swing your vote.

It's fine to dislike the man; plenty do, myself included. But why not stick to the facts? Stick to the policies? Instead of dreaming up content where there is none and reading between every imagined line?! Not to mention pretending that Labor hasn't given us plenty of fuel themselves. To read it here, anyone would think they'd been some kind of exemplary government.
    100%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I must be the most politically naive person here on the Hub because I really wouldn't have a clue. I do think we should have marriage equality. That is a tick from me! But as for the rest of it, I dunno.

I look at the politicians on more of a 'personal' level, although I realize they are just puppets for their party masters, and quite possibly the leaders we vote for won't see out the full term before they get the boot anyway! But still

Tony Abbott perhaps needs some public speaking practice. He ummss and ahhss A LOT. Which bothers me. Dunno why

KRudd on a personal level is ok. He is well spoken and seems pleasant enough.

But I still dunno. Haha. I told ya'll I am politically naive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok a friend of mine asked me if there was a gun to my head who would I sleep with - Tony Abbott or Campbell Newman?

I replied "pull the trigger! "

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-09-2013),snowqu33n  (03-09-2013)