+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Anyone else not like Abbott...

... but sick and tired of the over-zealous demonising?

I hate that I find myself defending him time and time again on here, and it's not because I like him but because there's just so much nonsense being written. It is possible to disagree with someone on most points but concede on others, and given how central Australian politics any other scenario seems highly unlikely!

Every time someone jumps on an Abbott-gaffe or makes sweeping general assumptions about his character I can't help but assume they're struggling to find something concrete to pin on him. You know, something more than just "the vibe". Or some compilation of sound-bytes a Labor staffer has put together to swing your vote.

It's fine to dislike the man; plenty do, myself included. But why not stick to the facts? Stick to the policies? Instead of dreaming up content where there is none and reading between every imagined line?! Not to mention pretending that Labor hasn't given us plenty of fuel themselves. To read it here, anyone would think they'd been some kind of exemplary government.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

babyla  (03-09-2013),Father  (03-09-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (03-09-2013),MissMuppet  (03-09-2013),Spotdog  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, not sick of it at all, if the shoe fits. And they are facts. He does say the most ridiculous things, he does give reporters the evil eye for 6 minutes without saying anything because he doesn't like the question.

These are not made up things about his vibe - they are facts.

As to Labor being an exemplary government - hell no. But even at their worse, they don't even come close.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (03-09-2013),Ellewood  (03-09-2013),WiseOldOwl  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    PS - it is just him as well. I dislike Liberals - but I never, ever went on and on about Turnbull - because he is bright and eloquent - and as much as I dislike their policies at least he was upfront about them.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep dont like most of his policies and I think he is a bit of a tool. But dont hate the man and feel no need to attack him personally.

Feel the same about Rudd, so im screwed haha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Bring back Turnbull. Someone described him as socially left and economically right and I'd be happy with that.

I'm personally sick of the focus on the personality of the two leaders. We don't actually elect a PM, we elect a party who elects a PM. Would it be so hard to focus on party policies instead of 'he said/he said' rubbish.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Yep dont like most of his policies and I think he is a bit of a tool. But dont hate the man and feel no need to attack him personally.

Feel the same about Rudd, so im screwed haha
    Same here.

Luckily I love my local MP so I'll be voting for him and try not to think about how much I dislike his party's leader.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe that is part of the problem! If the libs actually released their policies and costings, we'd have better things to do than moan about TA!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    Bring back Turnbull. Someone described him as socially left and economically right and I'd be happy with that.

I'm personally sick of the focus on the personality of the two leaders. We don't actually elect a PM, we elect a party who elects a PM. Would it be so hard to focus on party policies instead of 'he said/he said' rubbish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, I'm with you lambjam!

I cannot stand the man. I am not and never have been a Liberal supporter. Ever. But that's not the reason I dislike Abbott. I dislike him because he's an absolute t.wat of a man.

However, there are peeps on my Facebook posting and sharing all kinds of crapola to diss him, and most of it has NO credibility. And that just annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I love reading about his cases of foot-in-mouth, but some of it has now just gone beyond ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Isn't it all just normal pre-election behaviour?
    'Sweeping general assumptions.... Reading between imagined lines...'?

Only a lot of it regarding Abbott is true, and verbatim quotes of things he has said/says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know, I do like to challenge myself as to whether I'm having a knee jerk reaction to something he's said because I don't like being a sheep nor do I like to look foolish.. And without a doubt some individuals have made an almost career out of trying to humiliate him & take advantage of his many 'oops' moments.

But must he give them such good ammunition? Just when you think he's said all of the stupid that a man could muster he comes out with another pearler and I just think wtf? How many times can you use the 'out of context' line before you start to take a little more responsibility for the way you express yourself and the way in which your message is being received. And to me at least, it doesn't appear that he cares enough to try and clarify his position even after he realizes that his words have caused apparently unintended offense & it's not exactly improving.

I can't help but think if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probs a duck.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-09-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (03-09-2013)