+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, I measured 5-6cm behind with DS1 nearly the whole way through. I was sent for growth scans between 30-36 weeks as a precaution, but all was fine and while they estimated his weight to be on the small side, his growth was above average. He was born a very healthy 3.16kg. I measured bang on track with DS2 and he was born 3.26kg, so fundal height isn't necessarily a good indicator of size As a pp mentioned though, it can be an indicator of growth, and providing you have consistent growth all should be fine. Your care provider will send you for scans if they have any worries though. Hope all goes well for you
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 03-09-2013 at 07:01.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just thinking, it may put your mind at ease to measure it yourself? It's easy to do, just take a tape measure, find your pubic bone and the top of your uterus, and measure in cms.

If you measure it once every week, you should see growth every week. Do you think that will reassure you? I realise my previous post may have worried you. That wasn't my intention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I was just thinking, it may put your mind at ease to measure it yourself? It's easy to do, just take a tape measure, find your pubic bone and the top of your uterus, and measure in cms.

If you measure it once every week, you should see growth every week. Do you think that will reassure you? I realise my previous post may have worried you. That wasn't my intention.
    Thanks Preggasaurus. I would have to see if I could confidently locate the top of my uterus, but good idea. You didn't worry me, I appreciate the feedback.

I do have slight placenta previa & when researching IUGR I see that this can be a cause. Though I was told that the placenta previa will likely correct itself, I'm a little worried that it could be a contributing factor.

DH & I agreed to not worry just yet. At my 20 week scan, everything was perfect so just need to see the outcome at the 28 week OB appointment before we get carried away worrying. It was the first time my fundal height was measured so maybe I will be consistently small rather than have restricted growth.

Thanks again ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I was measuring small for DS1 and was sent for extra ultrasounds. He ended up being overdue so I just think their dates and therefore the measurements were off.

I was induced 6 days past due date and he was 6pd12 and 46.5cm so I really didn't need to worry.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (03-09-2013)