+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unicornuate uterus - success story

I'm not sure where to post this, but thought my experience would be worth sharing with other bub hubbers with this condition & out of general interest to those trying to conceive.

Last week, I was booked in for my elective CS at 39 weeks - non medical, maternal request due to other health issues & the gut feeling it was the right choice for me.

I couldn't have been more correct that it was the right choice. It was discovered in theatre I have a unicornuate uterus & only have the right side of my uterus, right tube & right ovary. My little baby was *very* tightly packed in there. He was successfully delivered, but only 6 lb 1 - more like a twin in size, due to limited room in there. Very healthy though, APGARS of 9 & 10.

I'd love to hear from others who have had successful pregnancies with this condition & if anyone delivered naturally. After learning more about this, I am staggered that we managed to conceive naturally (7th cycle) and that I got to term! I don't know whether we've been exceptionally lucky, or if I am amazingly fertile, despite the odds. Will be having a chat with my Ob about my chances of future pregnancies & suspect I'll be monitored a bit more closely if we do successfully achieve another pregnancy.

Either way, we feel incredibly blessed & our little boy is very much loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, Falkor - that's wonderful that you and bub are doing so well! I remember reading about the condition, but I had not come across any mention from mums in my experience.

Sorry - nothing to add, just all the best for next time & well done for going with ur gut instinct!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on your healthy little bub

I was always told I had a subseptate uterus. When I was first told at 20 years of age my gyno said I'd have difficulty getting pregnant, keeping pregnancies and they'd be highly premmie. Yes I have had a lot of miscarriages but I have 4 daughters, first born naturally at 42 weeks and the other 3 c/s for other reasons.
    In march I had some surgery and found out that I have a unicornuate uterus, Fallopian tube comes down 3/4 of the way and babies could only sit in the right side. My daughters were also small, in the 6 pound which I believe was due to the uterus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on your little one! I had a double uterus and had surgery this year to make the uteri into one uterus due to losses, if I didn't I wouldn't have made it past 20 week. I haven't got pregnant yet since we only just got the green light to go ahead and ttc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Falkor and BabyG4, This is my first post here. I have searched forums for anyone with this condition and you would not believe how elated I am to hear your stories. I have not yet had the definite diagnosis but had a scan yesterday and the doctor has said in the notes that it "appears" that my uterus is unicornuate. I am booked in with the gyno first thing Monday morning to discuss further. Ever since I had the scan I've been so scared that I may never be able to achieve a successful pregnancy - I had a MC earlier this year and I've had a feeling that something was not quite right as whenever I've had scans they've made comments on how my uterus is a strange shape. It all makes sense now. I am so pleased to hear that you have both been able to carry full term, honestly I have been so worried and your stories have given me hope! Thank you thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! I have a unicoruate uterus as well. I had never heard of anyone else unyil i saw ur post. They only picked mine up when i had some investigative work done for ivf. With a previous partner i had a still birth 11 yrs ago and a miscarriage and no one had picked up on my uterus. Even though we now know they said that would not of caused what happened in my prev pregnancies. We had to go down the ivf path due to probs with dh but we had a beautiful healthy boy who is now 5 months old. The pregnancy was ok just felt like i was going to explode as there was not a lot of room left in there by 37 weeks. People with this type of uterus have a high risk of premature labour so i was on progesterone pessaries from 24 weeks. At 37 weeks i was diagnosed with pre eclampsia so ds was del then by csection. He was 5pound 14 ounces and very healthy. Also bubs are normally smaller as there growth can be restricted due to the lack of room in the uterus. If anyone needs more info let me know.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Sethysmum; 15-11-2013 at 19:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also just curious does anyone else have only one kidney? I was born this way. All my stuff is on the left side but they did find my right ovary and it is up high but no tube, but produces eggs ( so bizarre).
    My doc said these uteruses are very common in women with one kidney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 kidneys but I had a double uterus. Your ovary will still produce eggs and the left working tube will collect the eggs. When people lose a tube due to etopic the working tube will collect the egg from the ovary and life will go on as you had two tubes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyandco View Post
    I have 4 kidneys
    Are they smaller than what they should be? Mine is larger i guess to compensate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethysmum View Post
    Are they smaller than what they should be? Mine is larger i guess to compensate.

Not sure what size they are as I don't pay much attention to them because they don't cause any problems. I have double of a few things like bladder but it doesn't work, they think I was a twin in the womb