+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I work in an aged care facility as an AIN and out of my 15 residents, i have 4 who are on 15minute visual observations. We honestly cant sign our sheet every 15mins. I am honestly lucky to even get my break some days as my current partner and myself have a few issues and there is no team work where i work on my floor unless my partner is away(i will only get help from people if she is away). We are usually still doing cares til 1:30pm when i go gome and all my residents but 2 are all 2 assist hoist or standing hoists.
    My RN(our part time one as the others all float between the floors) is always delegating work out to us coz she prefers to do minimal. I know exactly what she is going to delegate out to me so usually i have done it 90% of the time before she askss me but sometimes its just not possible to do so i avoid her if i can.

You just need to put your foot down, ask nicely but let them know they NEED to do it as weekends are when many staff slack off. Been there done that myself. My residents should of been weighed on Sunday but not a single one was done even though it was written in the diary.

Hope you can get some change happening.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    I know the problem is partly mine as I like to avoid conflict which in my role really isn't possible. Thanks for the advice. I think I will just have to be more direct in my approach.

Any tips on how I can approach the lunch break issue? They like to eat together and have been doing it for ages.
    What sort of shifts are on in the mornings? How many residents or patients fo you look after?

We have 4 wings. Each wing all has 1 x 6:30am starter, 3 have 7am starters. Our shifts are all 6.5 or 8.5hrs. We all do morning tea break one at a time on each wing usually between 9 and 10am. 7am starters go for their lunch breaks at 11:30am most days. 6:30am starters go approx 1:45pm after handover where they are then covered by arvo staff. Once their breaks have finished, they come back and do all the paper work that needs to be done. Hope thats helpful.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app