+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I lost weight recently by cutting down portion sizes, cutting out treats and being more choosy about what I eat. I also walk most lunch breaks at work.

I don't know what I weigh but my pants have gotten significantly looser. I've gone from a size 14 to a small 12.

I think stress and anxiety have also played a part in my weight loss though, if I'm completely honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't eat Junk because we can't afford it. Fresh prepared meals is expensive these days but goes a lot further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I weigh an enormous amount 😔
    In 1yr ive doubled my weight & it makes me sad.
    I have medical issues but my love of junk food doesnt help.
    Id love to lose 50kgs

Sent from my awesome iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, I just did 2 back to back 6 week challenges on bubhub- it was awesome, lots of support and accoutability! the biggest change I made was portion control- I ate all my dinners out of a small coffee cup- with loads of fresh herbs etc on top. Also, I tried my best to eat whole foods- eg veg, protein and avoid processed foods. I also stopped driving to the shop and walked instead. So, an average day for me during the challenge would be greek yoghurt for brekky with LSA and a bit of chopped fruit, lunch would be salad/ cottage cheese/ veg sticks. Dinner would be a protein and veg stirfry with coriander or a curry with yoghurt and herbs. etc Snacks of nuts/ veg sticks. I didn't totally give up wine. The scheme worked, I dropped about 8 kilos in 12 weeks and another 1.5kg 2 weeks after that. So, it really wasn't a diet, more like healthier living.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think changing your diet completely is where most people stuff up! I weighed 76kg in January and in may weighed 53kg (now weigh around 55 as I'm 4 months preggo).

The way I did it was eat smaller portions of food, have a morning and afternoon snack, as the more often you eat the better your metabolism gets (I think) and I started exercising. Which was horrible as I hate sport/exercise, I started running and eventually would run 6km a day.

I also got back into horse riding through some contract mustering, was rubbish at first and would get so out of breath and in the end I could handle a 100 strong group of cattle by myself! Obviously not everyone can do that but it helped me!

Since being pregnant I just keep up my snacking throughout the day, I suffer shocking sickness and can't eat a meal so just snack and I haven't really put of any weight, it's just all baby! I try to get out for a half hour walk each day

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently 53kg. I've lost 10kg of excess fat. I don't have a goal weight, mostly because I'm going by how I look and feel as opposed to weight.

My diet? I dont diet. I changed my lifestyle. I eat 'cleaner' and eat responsible portion sizes. In fact I eat a lot more overall than I used to previously but its over the course of the day, not in one big meal for 'dinner'. I also grasped the concept that different foods will work differently for your body, so I eat foods that my body can actually use instead of foods that will just sit there as fat.
    I also exercise and work out. I run, I walk, I swim, I do weights at the gym.

Best thing I ever did for myself!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been doing all sorts of stuff. I tried Optifast (or Optislim? I dunno what the difference is) and lost 3kgs in a week. I've tried super low calorie diets. At different times I've cut out carbs, gluten, sugar, processed anything, and even attempted to cut out Coke entirely. But I've found that if I deprive myself, I'm more likely to binge - and I don't want to do that anymore!

So now I'm focusing on fresh food and portion control. I'm still allowing myself the occasional indulgence - on my period I turn into a sugar addict - and I'm cutting back on the Coke rather than eliminating it entirely. CAFFEINE, YAY! I've never been particularly unhealthy but keeping my portion sizes have never been great.

I've bounced back to 70kg (I blame bloating!) but I'm aiming for 63kg by Christmas. And a bit of tummy and arm toning because dude, I still look like I'm in my second trimester and I have chicken arms. BMI tells me that I'm supposed to be 54kg but BMI can shove my ideal BMI up their BMI. Once I'm down to a size 12 and no longer look pregnant without actually being pregnant, I'll be all good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    I've been doing all sorts of stuff. I tried Optifast (or Optislim? I dunno what the difference is) and lost 3kgs in a week. I've tried super low calorie diets. At different times I've cut out carbs, gluten, sugar, processed anything, and even attempted to cut out Coke entirely. But I've found that if I deprive myself, I'm more likely to binge - and I don't want to do that anymore!

So now I'm focusing on fresh food and portion control. I'm still allowing myself the occasional indulgence - on my period I turn into a sugar addict - and I'm cutting back on the Coke rather than eliminating it entirely. CAFFEINE, YAY! I've never been particularly unhealthy but keeping my portion sizes have never been great.

I've bounced back to 70kg (I blame bloating!) but I'm aiming for 63kg by Christmas. And a bit of tummy and arm toning because dude, I still look like I'm in my second trimester and I have chicken arms. BMI tells me that I'm supposed to be 54kg but BMI can shove my ideal BMI up their BMI. Once I'm down to a size 12 and no longer look pregnant without actually being pregnant, I'll be all good.

54kg is pretty light, just wondering how tall you are?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    54kg is pretty light, just wondering how tall you are?
    I'm a towering 162. And seriously, half my body weight is boobs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    I'm a towering 162. And seriously, half my body weight is boobs.
    At 162cm, so you could weigh 63kg and still be in the "healthy weight" category, using the BMI calculator.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (03-09-2013)