+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I'm just trying to eat healthy, & stop when I'm full. I've totally cut out alcohol, caffeine & refined sugar, and I'm avoiding wheat & dairy. I weigh 76kg, I've only lost a couple of kg so far but I'm not in a rush, I haven't been feeling well for a while so I'm more interested in being a "healthy weight" than being "slim"! About 60-65 would be a good weight for me
    I eat pretty similarly to Gothel except I eat dairy. Eating this way helped me lose about 13 kilos which I *think* I've kept off (I don't weigh myself anymore). My clothes still fit the same, so probably!

Personally, I wouldn't choose a diet that you couldn't theoretically remain on long term, because you are likely to gain rebound weight when you stop otherwise. Not everyone does of course.

I've tried so many things in the past, but clean eating is the thing that worked for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of you who do weight watchers or just clean eating, how do you persist in those early days? I am really struggling, I cave in so quickly..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit obsessive so I looked up the points for absolutely everything and basically shocked myself. Plus I really wanted to lose the weight because I just felt crap about myself. Nothing was going to stop me. I still cave though - I had Maccas today and then went to mothers group and had cake an enjoyed every bit of it. It's important to remember that every meal is a new one and just because you cave once, doesn't mean you have to throw away the whole day.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amber4304 For This Useful Post:

BubinDec  (03-09-2013),Purple Lily  (02-09-2013),TotSnot  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    I eat pretty similarly to Gothel except I eat dairy. Eating this way helped me lose about 13 kilos which I *think* I've kept off (I don't weigh myself anymore). My clothes still fit the same, so probably!

Personally, I wouldn't choose a diet that you couldn't theoretically remain on long term, because you are likely to gain rebound weight when you stop otherwise. Not everyone does of course.

I've tried so many things in the past, but clean eating is the thing that worked for me.
    Agree... It's not about dieting but changing your lifestyle.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TotSnot View Post
    For those of you who do weight watchers or just clean eating, how do you persist in those early days? I am really struggling, I cave in so quickly..
    I've done weight watchers etc in the past and had the same problem. That's my main reason for cutting out caffeine, sugar & alcohol. They all make me crave more & more food, mainly carbs & calorie laden stuff of course! Eating right shouldn't be a struggle I reckon, and I find with these things gone out of my diet, it's much easier to eat healthy. I won't cut them out forever, just for the present. But I would rate my food cravings at about 2/10, whereas on ww etc, I would have rated them at 8/10. I thought about food all. the. time. on ww!

What I'm doing now is more like clean eating. I didn't have any "early days", I just eased into it, gradually changing foods, swapped oats for quinoa etc, tried out recipes etc. I don't think about food much ATM, and if I'm hungry I'm more likely to just feel tired rather than OMG I MUST EAT RIGHT NOW OR I'LL SCREAM !!

Btw TotSnot, what a fabulous name!! I love it :thumbup:
    Last edited by Gothel; 02-09-2013 at 16:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on the see-food diet lol. I've got over 100kg to lose. Lucky im not short or else I'd be in more trouble than I am. I tried cutting out sugar and too much carbs and eating for no reason...I lasted 2 weeks. I haven't gone back to full on mindless eating though but my weight hasn't shifted for a while. I had the band done about 10 years ago. Lost alot of weight then slowly put all the weight back on. I'm hoping to get the sleeve done too but going through public is a long process.

I'm going to ask my doc for duromine to kick start it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not on a diet, but I am trying to eat a lot cleaner, in conjunction with a workout plan. More fresh fruit and vegies, less refined sugars, less carbs, mostly gluten free, reducing meal portion sizes. I am currently 71kg, and I don't really have a goal as such. Before DS3 was born I was 67kg, so I wouldn't mind being about that again. As long as I'm feeling good and healthy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I quit sugar nearly 3 weeks ago, including fruit for a part and now on paleo/primal diet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a firm believer that calorie counting is the way to go. It's simple maths - to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume. I'm a healthy weight (BMI is about 20), but I calorie count occasionally when I want to drop a couple of kilos. Weight watchers is a simplified version for calorie counting. Check out the "my fitness pal" app and do it for free.

Some people don't like calorie counting because it doesn't ensure a balanced diet, but if you stick to it you'll lose weight (unless you have an underlying physiological issue). I like it because it's like a competition with myself to not go over the limit (although it's important to not go too far under either). When not breastfeeding I do 1400-1600 calories a day, while BF I do 1800-2000, but the number really dependson your height, weight and activity level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make sure I eat breakfast lunch and dinner. If I can do that then I'm doing well.
    I also don't stop during the day (2 young children). I go to gym 2 nights a week, put headphones in and just run to the music. I'm home by 9.30 have a cup of tea and pass out. I stop eating after 8pm.