+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    im a SAHM with an 18 yr old and a 16 yr old.. I have worked on and off over the years once they started High School.. I was working in 2011 but got quite sick and had to leave, had surgery, now better but cant find a job... so im a SAHM, which i enjoy but im bored and need something to do...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    My youngest starts Prep next year. I don't have to go back to work and really don't want to. But I've just started as an ENJO consultant for some extra play money for holidays and renovations.

Finding it very exciting and motivating to be out and about doing different things after being a SAHM for 9 years.
    Exactly this, except I started in May and the extra pay is going into savings at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been a sham of 2 for 3yrs. Before then I struggled to stay at a job. Switched from 3 diff jobs in one year. My dh has been working all these years and I feel like I need to play my part income wise and get my career back on track. I don't want to but I'm going back to work part time 1-2 days next year I'm craving a bit of stimulation and something different. I love being a Sahm but unfortunately we need me to be working.

sorry i just read this was for sahm's with kids at school. this is not me. sorry!
    Last edited by Lakey; 20-09-2013 at 13:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 at school and I am a sahm. I have tried to work part time but dh works shift work so its easier for us with me at home. I also want to spend as much time with my kids as I can they grow up way too fast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's a few years off for me but I'd love to, and work from home, but I'd love to and then also help out at the school etc. I really hope it's financially a good idea for us when the time comes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    School is still 2 or so years away for me but I plan on being a SAHM until they are in high school if finances allow.

I think it's important to be there when they get home and be actively involved in their lives while they are small and allow you to!

Not saying that if you go to work your not involved I just really want to do things like canteen and P and C and whatever else it is that you can do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 01-01-2015 at 15:21.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

marianaluky  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Once all mine are at school, I plan to work 2-3 days max til all my kids have left home, or maybe for the rest of my life if my big kids start having kids by the time the little ones leave. I'd rather go without a few things and me be not too stressed and rushed.

I'd love to just be a SAHM forever but I think we'll need the money by then, and I'm passionate about what I'm studying so looking forward to actually doing it one day.