+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default SAHM even with kids in school full-time

Is there anybody else out there who plans to or is a SAHM even with kids in school full-time? I still have 2 of my kids in my care full-time with 1 in school full-time but I don't really have plans to do anything once they are all in school? I really struggle in work places so I think the most I could ever do was possibly part-time work but I don't have any career ambitions and I love being a SAHM. Anybody else in the same boat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think if you can afford to do it, are happy to do it , then do it!!! Good luck )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have no plans to go back to work. I have six kids, one in uni, 4 in school and 1 at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Circumstances allowing that's my plan. I had a full time sahm until I was 16, my mil was too. My dh and I both think there is a benefit for us to having a parent at home even once children are at school. I only have one dd 18 months old so far so schools still a way off but I plan to help at the school and maybe do some volunteer work in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your quick responses ladies! Obviously if I'm working the money is helpful but we do just fine on DH's wage. I've always felt like Home Duties were my calling, I love cleaning and organising. We might be starting a family catering business with my in-laws in the future so that would be a bit of work and income for me but still home-based which will be good! Nice to know I'm not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be staying home after the kids are in school. I do plan to ask about volunteering at the school though (canteen, classroom helper, excursions etc.).
    I'll be doing drop off and pick ups without a car (school isn't too far away), during the day I'll still have plenty to do at home

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

TotSnot  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest starts Prep next year. I don't have to go back to work and really don't want to. But I've just started as an ENJO consultant for some extra play money for holidays and renovations.

Finding it very exciting and motivating to be out and about doing different things after being a SAHM for 9 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ill be working a few days but only from 9.30-2.30 so I can pick him up and drop him off as I also want to be home in the afternoons

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I discussed this recently as our youngest goes off to prep next year. Ill be staying home as long as I am able. We live in a remote area, and DH works long hours and often away from home. I love to be able to volunteer at the school, attend parade for special events etc. Ill probably do tuckshop duty as well! At present there is no real benefit to me getting a job out of the home

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to still be at home at least part time when my kids are in school because I want to be one of those mums that helps at the school, works in the canteen etc

If you can afford it and your partner is happy with the decision too then why not.