+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Just thought I'd update and let you know jetstar wouldn't let me wear the ergo on the plane such a pain in the bum!
    How annoying. I flew jetstsr to Melbourne a few months ago. They said no to the sling. But let the other passenger who had a baby wear her bubba in a BB. I asked and they said they were okay and said ergo was fine. . Make Up Your mind jetstar!! Hope you had a good flight anyway!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh yeah you can't wear them on the plane. I wear bub on then take him out on the plane and put the seatbelt on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I believe they make you take the carrier off. They need to scan/xray it.

Who are you flying?

I know Jetstar don't have prams available but qantas has courtesy strollers if your bub is old enough to sit in a stroller. Not sure what virgin do.
    Last edited by misho; 04-09-2013 at 13:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of the airports have a baby change mat at the end of the security desk that you can place baby on while you put your carrier back on. I have been asked to take them out of the carrier each time. I have also been asked to take them out of a pram too, and it was folded and sent thru the xray.
    When travelling, (and seeing people off) i much prefer a carrier to a pram or just holding baby.

I had to take DH to airport a few times last year, and when 3 year old DD would get upset, i would put her in the ergo, and put the baby in the pusher. The comfort of the carrier would help to calm her down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With regards to wearing bub on the plane - what I did when flying solo recently was leave the Ergo buckled around my waist, but arm straps off. I knew my son was likely to fall asleep before landing - so I had him facing me with the seatbelt on. Sure enough, he fell asleep - but once the plane had landed, it was just a matter of undoing the seatbelt and pulling the straps up. I could do this without having to wake him or put him down while I strapped in again. I would have done this even if he hadn't fallen asleep.

Every time I've travelled with him, I've had to take him out of the Ergo or pram for security, except in Hong Kong where they let him stay in the pram. Virgin lets you take a pram up to the gate. Not sure about the other domestic airlines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've experienced both. I've mostly had to take the ergo off, but have on occasion been able to wear her through. I've travelled alone and it's still absolutely worth wearing. Security staff were generally happy to help me do up straps etc if I needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sycx they told me I had to take the ergo off as it was a 'trip hazard' if we had to emergency exit. If we had to emergency exit I'd have felt a lot more comfortable having dd in the ergo and my arms free to exit the plane!! I know chances of emergency exit are incredibly slim, I just think saying its a trip hazard is stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really?! Wow I didn't even think of that. Admittedly I don't think they even noticed that I was wearing it, as I had him strapped into it until just before takeoff when I fastened him into the seatbelt - after which time he was just sittin on it on my lap.

I Agree though, I would feel much more comfortable with him in the Ergo in an emergency exit!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've flown over 10 times with my girls and never once asked to take off my ergo or ring sling. Even when I've gone to the airport to pick people up and go through the detector, I've never been asked then either. When I've flown I've been asked to remove it on take off and landing and only use the one provided.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had to take ergo off to go through security :/ so inconvenient with a sleeping bub!