+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    It's pretty much daily nkw and sometimes quite a few within an hour or so but we jump on them pretty quickly and are always appreciative if someone reports them and we haven't seen it yet

Some of the spammers though have changed their style and will post an innocent looking reply in a thread (usually a copy and paste from another forum!) and then come back a day or two later and edit and insert a spam link or two or add a spam signature so we are aways appreciative when these get reported as they can go under the radar.
    The spammers I've noticed who reply to thread normally drag up a 7 year old thread. Bit of a giveaway, lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (01-09-2013)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    I have once. A post that IMO had troll written all over it. Working in health I'll often ask questions for which the answer will pretty much give it away as to if the post is legit or not. I did it in this instance and the answers did not add up
    And we appreciate these too.
    Without saying too much, reports like these quite often help Mods link other reports and information and help to build a bigger picture that we can take action on in the future iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I report offensive posts, threads where a poster is being unfairly picked on, spam....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I report spam, so much so the mods must get sick of me!
    Never, we honestly appreciate anyone who takes the time to report spam or posts which they are concerned about, big or small. So thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Never, we honestly appreciate anyone who takes the time to report spam or posts which they are concerned about, big or small. So thank you!
    Aw, thanks ^_^

Now, off to find some more spam.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think I have reported a few posts... but most have been spam. I think maybe one or two in all the years I've been here have been for inappropriate comments made, and I don't think any of them have been directed at me.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    We also actually like people to report posts that they find offensive.

Especially if it is kind of borderline ... we like to hear about other peoples opinions to take them into account. It doesnt mean we will immediately close the thread or even delete the post - but its helpful to know where you guys draw the line sometimes.

You shouldnt ever feel like you have done the wrong thing by reporting a post and giving us your (polite) opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've reported lots of spam, but that's it.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    One, that I found quite offensive, however it was (is) part of a pattern of posts from the same person along the same lines every time.

Not sure if anything was ever done, like did it meet the mods standard of offensive or did they think what was being said was ok?
    Maybe I should have asked for feedback to know if it was even worth reporting?
    When the "spirit of Bubhub" was launched, the main consensus was that it isn't really up to the mods to decide what is offensive - it's moreso up to the members (the mods are only 30 of the 100k+ membership), so don't question whether the post is up to "the mods standard of offensive", if it is offensive to you - report it. A mod may not even have seen it.

Members can be assured that if a thread is edited, or shut down etc, then it's a 99% chance that someone other than the mods found it offensive, and even then - probably a 90% chance that multiple members have found the content or intent of the comments offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    I'm not trying to be funny but, what do you class as 'spam' to report it?
    I would assume sales type threads?

Do you get a lot of silly threads?
    I know looking back, I've started a few stupid ones; seemed like a good idea at the time though!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    If you're not seeing much spam - we're doing our jobs right

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Izy  (01-09-2013),Jellyfishie  (02-09-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I only report spam.

No one like ham in a can.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (02-09-2013),BigRedV  (02-09-2013),Pearl Barley  (01-09-2013),SoThisIsLove  (01-09-2013)