+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby jogger versa.....help?

Ok so I was deciding between two prams but after so many recommendations for the versa it's now my front runner! Thing is I originally wanted a pram with a bassinet attachment but I really can't justify spending an extra $200 on the bassinet that will be used for what...2 mths???

So for those of you who have one did you have a bassinet?? if not, do u wish you did?? How was the seat for a new born without the bassinet??

Thanks in advance :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sisters baby was nearly 10 pounds and would have been in it for about 3-4 weeks only. I think they are good if you also have a toddler.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a baby jogger city elite. Don't regret not having the bassinet attachment as when ds would have fit in it he transferred easily enough to the pram asleep anyway.

As for with a newborn I found it fine. Reclines to pretty much flat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends on how long the durations are that you'll be keeping him the pram seat in a lie flat.

If you're planning on extended periods everyday (1hr+) them maybe you need the bassinet? They say its better for spin development for longer durations etc. I haven't looked into the science off it but there is also little side protection for a newborn in the pram seat.

I'll be walking my dog at least once a day with a newborn so I think for safety reasons ill be opting for the bassinet as well.

When are you due? I could potentially buy it second hand off you lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Versa and didn't get it until my baby was about 10 weeks old. I think that it needs a nice liner or lambswool to cosy it for a smaller or younger baby as the seat is generous. Even if I had the pram from newborn I would have not purchased the bassinet as it would only be used a short time and I used a carrier alot. If you do get the Versa and really don't like it without a bassinet you can always purchase it after bub is here and you get a feel for if your happy with position of bub without it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rushie I'm not due to Feb.... I think maybe I should look into 2nd hand lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

rushie  (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Melimum, that's no good to me... Or maybe it will be? I'm due in May lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I have the Versa with the bassinet. I agree with PPs that it depends how often you intend using your pram. I actually didn't end up using my pram all that much as I didn't leave the house much in those first few weeks and when I did I preferred to babywear, therefore we would have managed fine without the bassinet as DD managed fine for short periods in the standard seat from around 2months. I used a soft wool liner to make it cosy as it is quite a deep seat. If you plan to use the pram often though I would get the bassinet as I've also read its not great for babies spine to lie at an angle for long periods of time.

Having said that, the bassinet did come in handy when we were out visiting mine or DHs parents as a safe place to sleep. We are close with our families and get together for regular dinners etc so it was useful in that sense but if you won't be spending much of bubs' sleeping time out of your place away from their crib then it's not necessary.

We bought our pram, attachments such as the bar and rain cover, and bassinet online from America and paid less than we would've here for just the pram. No issues with dealing with Baby Jogger either as when they had the safety recall of the frame and it affected us Baby Jogger US sent us a brand new frame and paid for postage, no hassles. Maybe something to look into as prices for goods in Aus are ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Black diamonds what website did you use??

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the warranty covers the international purchase then? Or would any issues have to be dealt with the US instead of here?

My DH gets sent to the US at least once a year so we were looking at purchasing from there but were worried about the warranty.