+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Justice studies

Hi there, so I'm looking at going back to tafe, and have had my eye on Justice for some time, however, I want to know how far a cert IV in justice studies will really get me. There is a major difference between price between a cert 4 & diploma, which makes the cert 4 sound way too good to be true... I'm not aiming for a top lawyer role, just enough to work my way in the door and climb the ladder later should a wish too.

Any advice would be great thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I think justice studies would be very interesting and if you've been thinking about it for a while that's a good sign it would suit you interest wise. Do you know what you might want to do with the qualification? You mentioned lawyer in your post but that would almost certainly need a law degree but if you were looking at more so support roles it may be relevant. In SA the justice studies course is for people who might be interested in working in police, the courts or other govt depts. Not sure about private roles. If you're more interested in a private clerk/paralegal career then might be worth looking into whether there are legal admin or paralegal courses. All depends what you want to do with the qualification

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tashee For This Useful Post:

NowWhoWantsPie?  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your advice, at this stage I'm not 100% on which particular role that looking for, although I could see myself being quite happy in a case worker type of position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Then I reckon go for justice studies that's clearly your interest if you've been thinking about it for while, it will open up plenty of doors and/or give you an idea of some further study

With the cert IV vs diploma decision, maybe check whether if you start with the cert you can upgrade it to a diploma later? A lot cert IV and diplomas in the same study area have the same topics for the first semester or 2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tashee For This Useful Post:

NowWhoWantsPie?  (05-09-2013)