+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hospital visits prior to c-section

Hi ladies,
    My first c-section was an emergency so I'm not sure of the protocol leading up to the surgery but currently am 28 weeks pregnant. My SIL had 2 csections and keeps telling me I shouldn't be seeing the midwives at our antenatal appointments but the doctor. She said she saw the doctor from 21 weeks. I asked last appt and they said I don't need to see the dr until 34 weeks. We live in a small town and the only births they do here are low risk naturals anybody with any sort of issue at all needs to go to the larger hospital an hour away, which is where I would be going if I was to see the doctor. I'm at risk also as my scar is weak and has an increased chance of a rupture. Basically my question is, when did everybody get to see the doctor for the first time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a natural birth with ds and did shared care with my gp and hosp and saw a doc from 20 weeks. This time due to complications with ds birth and this baby I have to have a csection and once again have done shared care and seen my doc from 20 weeks. 20, 28, 36, csection are the dates i see the doc at the hospital an in between then I see my go regularly as needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a midwife at a tertiary hospital and we see all the low risk women throughout their pregnancy regardless of the mode of delivery. At their 36 week appointment they see the doctor and that's when they book in the date/time of their caesarean. Women will only see a doctor for all their appts if a) they're going privately or b) they have complex medical issues. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! That helps me a bit, I've been seeing my gp when I need to for other things such as cold etc and she requests to see me every 3 weeks but I just wanted to check others experiences with the hospital. I really want everything to go to plan this time so I need a plan in place haha thanks ladies!