+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cures for pregnancy insomnia....and go!

I need help, just over 7 weeks and insomnia has kicked in in a major way, wouldn't be so much of an issue except that I also have a nearly 17 month old to run around after....sooooo tired....

Is there anything I can do to bring on the sleep I so desperately need?!

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anybody?

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry No but if you stay awake long enough you are bound to fall asleep from exhaustion eventually...thats wat happened to me

Sometime trying to stay awake and watch tv would make me fall asleep.
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going through the same problem here. I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its so annoying isn't it??? Nothing helped with my DD and suffering again now. If you come across a remedy please, please share!

Me 27 + Him 28 =
    DD- 20.7.2012
    #2 due 1.2.2014
    6 angels loved and missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You can ask your dr about taking Restavit. It's Category A and helps you sleep. It's side effect is that it also helps with morning sickness so my dr had me take it for my insomnia and sickness since it was killing two birds with one stone. Some of the other morning sickness meds they put you on are category B so I was happy to stay with one that was A and also helped me sleep. The states and Canada regularly prescribe it and Royal Women's here in Melbourne recommend it as well. You'd probably only need 1/2.

My sickness is pretty much gone now so I'm trying to fall asleep on my own. Reading helps me, I read until I can't keep my eyes open and if I wake in the night and can't fall back asleep I do the same. I have a kindle paper white (is backlit and you can dim it) so it makes it super easy and the light doesn't stimulate your eyes/brain too much. DH is also in the guest room some nights as I tend to sleep better if I'm not worried about my restlessness waking him. You gotta do what you gotta do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sucks doesn't it! I didn't have insomnia like this with my first pregnancy, but this time around I'm lucky to get 2 hours sleep in a night and have an active 18 month old to chase after

Keen to hear if anyone has any tried & true remedies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found 2 panadol at bedtime helped. And also, going to bed early, before I got too tired. It seems contrary, but I found I fell asleep easier if I wasn't overtired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breathing exercises?! When I wake up in the middle of the night I use breathing exercises to help me go back to sleep. They can help calm your brain. An easy one to do is deep breaths, breath in filling your belly/lower chest first, then the middle of your chest then top of the chest. Then when you breath out empty the same way, belly, middle, top. I find that helps me focus on something other than not being able to sleep as well.