+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wrong gender prediction

Hi I am just wondering if anyone on here was told they were having a boy but ended up having a girl and if yes at what scans? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Generally the error would go the other way. If they say it is a boy it is (should be!) because they can see a penis. If they say its a girl it is based on them not being able to see one...but there is always that chance that it may have been hiding at the wrong angle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not me personally but my aunty was told she was having a boy and had a girl. She was born as a complete surprise, she has a blue room, blue clothes, blue everything. Her dad got around it by painting a mermaid mural on her blue wall. Apparently she had a swollen vulva.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mum did with me 27 years ago!

Things have improved since then, but from what I understand if the clitoris is swollen it can look like a penis?

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin was told she was having a boy at the ultrasound and it came out a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting I think I am just wishing they got it wrong lol I was told boy will be my third I am happy but secretly hoping he pops out a girl lol so mean I know but I have two boys was really hoping for a girl plus my symptoms have been so different to my boys and cravings to, thanks guess I will find out soon enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am so paranoid that the ultrasound tech got it wrong. I was told she couldn't see a penis or testies and she thought she could see the usual 3 lines but it looked like her bits were swollen. So even though I have everything pink, I honestly thinks she's a boy!

Baby girl due in January 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really? How many weeks where you when that happened?? I had an early scan I books myself at 16 weeks but she was pretty certain it was a boy I was just wishing for a glimmer of girly hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That was at my 19 week scan 2 weeks ago. Patiently waiting till I'm further along and we can afford a scan specially for finding out the gender. I wish I had got a certain answer! Time will tell I suppose!

Baby girl due in January 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow yeah I was told boy at my 16 week scan but I am so convinced its a girl really or maybe I am just hopeful lol I am not sure I have my next scan at 21 weeks so will wait and see what they say then good luck I hope you get some answers soon