+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Angry Just found out I'm pregnant and husband told our parents! Am I right to feel annoyed?

I just found out I am pregnant with our third child yesterday afternoon. I told my husband last night and he was shocked but excited. The baby was not planned and I am still coming to grips with the news. Tonight he told me that he saw my Dad this morning and told him then news, and then told Dad that it would be fine for him to tell my Mum. He also rang his Mum and his brother and told them the news on the phone. I feel so annoyed! It is like the special moment of telling everyone has been taken away from me. I would really have liked to wait for us to tell them, together, face to face. I didn't even get to tell my Mum and Dad myself! I feel guilty as we should be happy and excited about the pregnancy but now all I can feel is annoyed at him for telling everyone the news. I know he is just really excited but I can't help feeling this way!!!

Am I right to feel this annoyed that he told everyone the news? How would you feel if you were in this situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes it's ok to be annoyed and I'd be peeved too. More so telling my parents than his.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpe diem 2013 For This Useful Post:

leetashy  (30-08-2013)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I think being annoyed is really natural. I would be. But try not to let it ruin this happy time too much... Have you spoken to him about how you feel? Maybe he just didn't consider how you might feel about him doing that? Maybe excitement took over his reasoning? Either way OP congrats on your pregnancy

>insert clever signature here<

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks... I just had to vent somewhere! Can't vent to any friends as I am not ready to tell them yet!!!
    Last edited by leetashy; 30-08-2013 at 22:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Theopania - I definitely told him how I felt!! It was loud and clear! I know that his excitement took over his reasoning but can't help feeling like the moment of telling my parents has been taken away from me now...but I am feeling a bit better about it now I have calmed down a bit!! You are right though, it shouldn't ruin the happy time. time to move on!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its lovely hes so clearly excited but I would be upset if my DP told my parents x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

leetashy  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally fine to feel that way.
    My DH did it to me too. The Dr rang me to tell me I was pregnant (total surprise) while I was away with our kids on a holiday (DH was still at home). I rang him in shock to tell him, we were both shocked. I asked him not to tell anyone I needed time to get use to it. Anyway tea was ready so I had to go back to my kids (they were with my parents who didn't know either). I rang back after tea and he told me his sister knew as he was on the phone to her when I rang his mobile and he hadn't hung up and she stayed on the line and listened. I burst into tears (I don't like the IL's much at all). After I went from him I thought hang on I rang our home phone first and he answered then he had to go to the toilet so he rang me back on his mobile so that can't be right so I caught him out flat out lying to me about it. He had rang and told them right after we got off the phone with me asking him not to tell them (I didn't even know how far along I was at the time). Lets just say I refused his calls that night I was so upset and cranky at him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be furious! I didn't want to tell anyone until 12 weeks and I was especially excited about telling my parents so if DF had gone out and ruined it by telling everyone first I'd be so annoyed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd probably be annoyed, but now thinking about it, it might just mean he's really super excited, which is generally the most supportive kind of dad!

Pregnancy just makes me a more annoyed kind of person though! Haha stupid hormones!

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it depends on how you guys went about telling everyone/not telling everyone with your other two babies... If you made a big effort to tell everyone together and face to face, then yes, I think it's odd that he started telling family on his own. But, as others have said, it's lovely that he's so excited

congratulations!