Closed Thread
Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is a generalisation. I'm not saying a night into town or a dinner, that's nice every now and then (and yes grandparents love it) I'm saying I know couples who constantly leave their kids weekends/days and long holidays overseas to have a fun, enjoyable holiday. What about the kids? Why have them if you don't enjoy them with you on these holidays? Then they use the whole "time to reconnect" excuse to not feel guilty. At the end of the day it's only my opinion. Each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    36 years hey... So do you still go away with them? Or they don't go away because it would mean leaving you?
    Lol that actually made me laugh. They got through all their children being old enough without a holiday alone. That's what I meant that as children we always went on holidays with them. I didn't think it was such a big deal...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    I'm with you!! If you have children you take them with you. I didn't give birth to then palm them of to grandparents etc. my parents have been married for 36 years and never been anywhere without their children. All bull**** when ppl say you need time away without children to revive marriage/reconnect... I know couples who went away regularly without their kids and their divorced now.... I guess their reconnection didn't connect
    Lol.

I didn't give birth to my children to become some kind of martyr.

It's totally ok if you want to live your life without spending a second away from your children, but some of us do like to have some kind of identity away from parenting

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-10-2013),FearlessLeader  (25-10-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (26-10-2013),HugsBunny  (25-10-2013),Lincolns mummy  (25-10-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (25-10-2013),Mum2EandR  (25-10-2013),peanutmonkey  (25-10-2013),RipperRita  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm with you!! If you have children you take them with you. I didn't give birth to then palm them of to grandparents etc. my parents have been married for 36 years and never been anywhere without their children. All bull**** when ppl say you need time away without children to revive marriage/reconnect... I know couples who went away regularly without their kids and their divorced now.... I guess their reconnection didn't connect
    Wait..... why does it matter that they aren't taking their child? If they do it regularly I could understand your stance in a sense but in general I don't see this as a bad thing, but maybe I haven't read your comment clearly enough. Maybe you missed something out of your comment?

I think it is a good thing for couples to have some alone time every so often and it sure won't hurt the kids to be with their living grandparents for a few days if it's ok with the grandparents. It gives the couple time away time to do adult things time to reconnect time to let loose and it gives the kids some time with their grandparents time to mist likely be spoilt rotten I remember as kids some of the most fun times I had were with my nan and pop. It's not always a negative thing and I think your comment was a big generalisation:

Sent from my LG-P713GO using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (26-10-2013),HugsBunny  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    Wait..... why does it matter that they aren't taking their child? If they do it regularly I could understand your stance in a sense but in general I don't see this as a bad thing, but maybe I haven't read your comment clearly enough. Maybe you missed something out of your comment?

I think it is a good thing for couples to have some alone time every so often and it sure won't hurt the kids to be with their living grandparents for a few days if it's ok with the grandparents. It gives the couple time away time to do adult things time to reconnect time to let loose and it gives the kids some time with their grandparents time to mist likely be spoilt rotten I remember as kids some of the most fun times I had were with my nan and pop. It's not always a negative thing and I think your comment was a big generalisation:

Ok let me explain... I was agreeing with the person who was shocked that xyz was going away without dd for 4 days or so. Then I added that I know ppl who go without their kids and say they need to reconnect. I was saying that I wouldn't like to go away without my children to recconect I would find a different way. Geez didn't think it was cause such a stir its only my opinion. And as for memories I don't have many with my grandparents cause I am one of over 25 grandchildren. So it's not the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok let me explain... I was agreeing with the person who was shocked that xyz was going away without dd for 4 days or so. Then I added that I know ppl who go without their kids and say they need to reconnect. I was saying that I wouldn't like to go away without my children to recconect I would find a different way. Geez didn't think it was cause such a stir its only my opinion. And as for memories I don't have many with my grandparents cause I am one of over 25 grandchildren. So it's not the same.
    Cool, whatever. You're entitled to your opinion, I was just saying that my opinion is different to yours. I was one of 18 grandchildren but we all took turns In sleeping over nan and pops and when we did our nan and poo made it all about us. Everything from specifically going out to just get ice cream etc. Every Sunday we when it was our turn wed go garage sales with them and nan would give us $10 yo spend but pop was always such a good talker we used to get so much for that amount.

All I was getting at with my comment was that it was a generalisation as you don't actually know these people or how often if any other then this occasion they actually spend away from there kid. I can see that you admitted to it being a generalisation. Cool. No biggies here.

Fir what it's worth I've had my ds looked after 3 times one of which was when I had my dd. De has never been away from us and they haven't.been away from us for even a night in over 2 years. But i would have no problems in doing so if I wanted to. My kids are everything to me also but I am also a human being with my own needs and wants and I don't think having some times every now and again to focus on me is a bad thing iykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, well, don't get me started on KIDS who go on holidays without their PARENTS.. My DD (6) went to Queensland to visit her grandma for the entire school holidays, leaving me at home to go to work every day! I didn't give birth to you for you to just go and ENJOY your holidays and not let me in on the action DD. don't you know we're supposed to be joined at the hip? I mean, SOME KIDS! Sheesh...

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-10-2013),CompareTheMeerkat  (26-10-2013),FearlessLeader  (25-10-2013),FrothyFrog  (25-10-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (26-10-2013),HearMeRoar  (29-10-2013),HugsBunny  (25-10-2013),JR03  (25-10-2013),Lauzy  (26-10-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (25-10-2013),NancyBlackett  (08-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (25-10-2013),Purple Lily  (25-10-2013),RipperRita  (26-10-2013),RobinSparkles  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Oh, well, don't get me started on KIDS who go on holidays without their PARENTS.. My DD (6) went to Queensland to visit her grandma for the entire school holidays, leaving me at home to go to work every day! I didn't give birth to you for you to just go and ENJOY your holidays and not let me in on the action DD. don't you know we're supposed to be joined at the hip? I mean, SOME KIDS! Sheesh...
    Love it love it love it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wish I had clear skin! Go away pimples and go annoy some hormonal teenager!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I agree with the first part - I didn't give birth to palm them off to grandparents either .... I just had kids for the daycare staff so I could reconnect with my colleagues.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (07-11-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (26-10-2013),HearMeRoar  (29-10-2013),HLE  (25-10-2013)