+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like the star wars ones, but twofiddy hundred for an r2d2?

Pssssh

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not to mention you lose ONE piece in those fancy schmancy packs and that's it. Never to be made again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Oh yes! As well as the fact there is more crappy themed Lego on the shelves than just regular nice and normal Lego. I don't want Harry potter, chima, ninjago or Star Wars Lego... I just want the normal city or just Lego Lego.
    We're lucky too that mum kept all our umpteen pieces of Lego that the boys love to play with!
    YES! Omg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Yep!!!!

Luckily my three can play with the 'vintage' lego previously owned by their father and his brothers out at their Nana's house.
    I look forward to the day we can bring out the old Lego. Mum and dad still have mine from childhood and my in laws have DHs. My dad even has the Lego from when he was a kid - true vintage Lego, aged about 50 years! The new themed Lego is crap and expensive. I bore witness to the tears of sadness from my 11yo cousin who got a Star Wars Lego thing for his birthday. One small piece went missing and now he can't finish it. What a load of crap! We used to love using our imagination when working out what to build - none of that these days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh god yes it's expensive.

I try to convince myself it's okay though, because it lasts FOR-FREAKING-EVER. We have stuff from before I was born, and then stuff from when I was a kid. You wouldn't be able to tell it's old just by looking it - it stays in such awesome condition over the years, so I suppose it's worth it (though I WISH there were more City kits too... themed Lego is fine, but not when it dominates - that stuff doesn't outlast time as well as generic Lego does!).

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have to go against the grain here... I think in the sea of cheap cr@p adorning the shelves, all destined for landfill in 12 months or less, Lego remains a shining ray of hope.

If merchandise is good quality and ethically made it's almost always reflected in the price. I'm more concerned about the cheap stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (31-08-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I have to go against the grain here... I think in the sea of cheap cr@p adorning the shelves, all destined for landfill in 12 months or less, Lego remains a shining ray of hope.

If merchandise is good quality and ethically made it's almost always reflected in the price. I'm more concerned about the cheap stuff.
    Agree 100%. I bought DS a Ninja Turtle figurine the other week (huge huge one off treat for being a little trooper while he was sick) and it cost me $20 for a piece of shyte plastic that didn't do what it was meant to do which means it was played with for 30 minutes and is now languishing in the toy box. Never again. Lego on the other hand lasts for ever and ever, both materially and as a constant source of amusement. I am happy to pay a premium for that.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I actually like Lego too.

We had a LOT of duplo / megablocks stuff as DD loved for a long time. I sold it on ebay and bought a heap of Lego Friends, which DD now loves more than anything. Every birthday, christmas etc its always easy ...

Friends birthdays are always easy ... lego is good.

yes, its way overpriced for a small amount of plastic - but I pay it all the same as it does last. (DD also has a large box of Lego from when my nephews were kids 20 years ago ... and its still in perfect condition)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Agree 100%. I bought DS a Ninja Turtle figurine the other week (huge huge one off treat for being a little trooper while he was sick) and it cost me $20 for a piece of shyte plastic that didn't do what it was meant to do which means it was played with for 30 minutes and is now languishing in the toy box. Never again. Lego on the other hand lasts for ever and ever, both materially and as a constant source of amusement. I am happy to pay a premium for that.
    Although I should add I am currently enforcing a Lego embargo due to the huge volume of Lego DP has stuffed away in every cupboard 'for DS' 'when he is older'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I seriously regret selling all my Lego at a garage sale back in the mid nineties so I could by my first Internet modem.
    I had an awesome horse ranch set.

Baby #1 due 28/03/2014!!
    18 months trying, pregnant 1st round Clomid.