Closed Thread
Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxCat View Post
    And for anyone else stressing about age -
    Just re-read that and realised how snotty and stuck up I sounded - Sozcumbers, I'm not, honest!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BoxCat For This Useful Post:

Staaz  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well im definetly out AF FlyingWitch.gif has arrived onto November I go but not holding out much hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 36 (ahem and a half) and trying for number 2. I was 33 when I conceived #1 and it happened very easily. This time around not so much but this time I am working full time not doing as much formal exercise due to less time and have a bit more stress in my life (I'm the primary income earner for the family at the moment). We are on cycle 6 this month and I'm reeeeally hoping this is the one fingers crossed!

Oh and here's a good story for ladies in their 30's. My BFF is the same age as me AND has PCOS. She has two children from IVF. Fully convinced that it would never happen naturally for her she did not use contraception and wouldn't you know it she fell pregnant accidentally with her youngest only 8months. She is 3 months pregnant and still can't quite believe it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bin13 For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For the record (and anyone using a mobile app who can't see my signature/ticker) I'm 36 and a half, DH is 39, and we got our bfp two weeks ago, will be 5 wks this Monday. Started trying end of Jan this year.

You can't do anything about your age, so work with what you've got

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littleduck For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (12-10-2013),BoxCat  (12-10-2013),mrsmac123  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin13 View Post
    I'm 36 (ahem and a half) and trying for number 2. I was 33 when I conceived #1 and it happened very easily. This time around not so much but this time I am working full time not doing as much formal exercise due to less time and have a bit more stress in my life (I'm the primary income earner for the family at the moment). We are on cycle 6 this month and I'm reeeeally hoping this is the one fingers crossed!

Oh and here's a good story for ladies in their 30's. My BFF is the same age as me AND has PCOS. She has two children from IVF. Fully convinced that it would never happen naturally for her she did not use contraception and wouldn't you know it she fell pregnant accidentally with her youngest only 8months. She is 3 months pregnant and still can't quite believe it!
    We needed help with conceiving #1 but then that pregnancy helped correct my hormones temporarily so we rode on the "coat tails" of the pregnancy hormones and fell naturally with #2,3,4,5/6. PCOS went out of whack again after losing 5/6 and went back on clomid to conceive #7 which took 6 months. #4 was a surprise. So yes - with PCOS your hormones are very unpredictable!

I think I am entering the last year that I can call my "early thirties"! My last baby was born when I was 30! They say after 30, 1 in 4 pregnancies ends in mc. I figure I've had 3 miscarriages, so that means I'm well-overdue for a sticky one and it should also mean that someone else should be having a pretty smooth ride!
    Last edited by Little Ted; 12-10-2013 at 19:59.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 38. We just started TTC in March. Was UTD after our 3rd cycle trying but unfortunately had mmc which ended in a D&C at 10 weeks. We are just back TCC now. This will be our 2nd cycle :-)

When I went to have the D&C I was talking to the anaesthetist about my age. He said, "Oh, you're young around here! We have lots of ladies in their forties giving birth to healthy babies in this ward. I expect to see you back in a year having your baby".

So 31 DEFINITELY isn't old! :-)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tangwyn For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (13-10-2013),mrsmac123  (13-10-2013),Topaztigerlillyxxx  (12-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My FS told me 31/32 is still at the peak of fertility!!! Yay! No need to stress! :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebedayz For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whew! I'm exhausted!
    I wish I could blame it on pregnancy hormones, but pretty sure at like 6 dpo (at the most) its too early...lol

Its my besties birthday tomorrow, shes having a small get together at her place for lunch...so I decided rather than go empty handed, (I hate going without something) I have made:
    Savory muffins
    Jelly slice
    Lemon slice
    Peppermint crisp slice
    Angel cakes

Had a bit of an oppsie!
    Not once, but twice, i over cooked the ganache?! Im not sure how, some how think the cream had water in it I done it in the double pot, slowly on low, constantly mixing like always and its always worked before...so have given up... May do a choc peppermint icing instead.

Put twice as much liquid in the lemon slice base, so had to do a double mix after sending df out for more supplies...

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 38 too, trying to conceive #1 for 13 months. We did get pregnant in April this year after 7 cycles, but like so many others it ended in m/c in June. This is cycle #2 since ttc again and I am terribly worried about my age but there are so many women out there conceiving in their late 30's and 40's that I need to just chill and it will hopefully happen eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, EmmaJane, you and I are virtually running in parallel! LOL Hope we both get our bubbas soon... xx