Boo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophisto View Post
    I'm out. AF came early.

Fx for everyone still waiting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because I'm bad at counting, can you move me to the 23rd? FS has given me a blood test form for that day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophisto View Post
    I'm out. AF came early.

Fx for everyone still waiting
    poo - hugs for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear Sophisto.

MrsMac, if you want to do ivf then go for it! I don't know if this helps but a lady at my work just became pregnant naturally at the age of 44. She's 22 weeks into her pregnancy and herself and bubba are doing just fine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't forget the statistics about getting pregnant at such and such an age are MASSIVELY a) out of date and b) are taken off a 300 year old French parish records book of whom had live births - ie who wanted to get pregnant at such and such an age 300 year ago!!!

You can read more about it here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24128176

It really made me have a sigh of relief about things and not get so panicky about age.

Also - there is the argument that the older you get the more likely you are to fall into a category where if you don't have kids by then you just don't want them ever, not nec. that you can't have them, so figures that say so and so amount of people over 35 haven't gotten pregnant - well a lot of them just don't want to....

Easier said than done, I know, as I'm still stressing a bit especially over hubby's age, but its not like we can do anything about age, AT ALL, so try and focus on stressing about other things, like eating soft cheese or the size of our bums in relation to getting UTD lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxCat View Post
    Don't forget the statistics about getting pregnant at such and such an age are MASSIVELY a) out of date and b) are taken off a 300 year old French parish records book of whom had live births - ie who wanted to get pregnant at such and such an age 300 year ago!!!

You can read more about it here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24128176

It really made me have a sigh of relief about things and not get so panicky about age.

Also - there is the argument that the older you get the more likely you are to fall into a category where if you don't have kids by then you just don't want them ever, not nec. that you can't have them, so figures that say so and so amount of people over 35 haven't gotten pregnant - well a lot of them just don't want to....

Easier said than done, I know, as I'm still stressing a bit especially over hubby's age, but its not like we can do anything about age, AT ALL, so try and focus on stressing about other things, like eating soft cheese or the size of our bums in relation to getting UTD lol
    Great article!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the article it did put a better slant on things. I dont see how 300 year old records can be that helpful in the first place, people were flat out still being alive at 40 back then! Seems ridiculous. It is interesting that they say 40 year olds have less success with ivf than natural...wonder why

As for the ivf and why havnt I started ..as usual not my choice, 2 month wait for first appointment, 1 month to go. Good chance to get healthy and yeh I am taking vitamins but not coq10 but thats about the 5th time in a month someone has told me it is recommended for egg health so I better pull my finger out and get some!

My 1 tube is stuffed 1 ectopic in each one and that along with at least a couple of chems and a Mc I dont want to waste too much time natural.

$8800 is certainly expensive...since you need to be prepared to do more than one cycle. That was the main reason why I have tried to come to terms with no kids ever as just doing one cycle 6 years ago would have taken every cent we had and it makes me so sad that because of cost I might still not get my prize. The prices at the clinic back then have not come down either. At least now there are some cheaper options to try but because of that instead of going 2 mins down the road and commencing straight away I now need to wait 8 weeks and drive 2 hrs each way. Dont get me wrong I am extremely excited and I would drive further just that it is hard enough to conceive without the extras that most people dont have to deal with. Probably people put a lot on credit and I am really hoping not to have to go down that road.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac123 For This Useful Post:

BoxCat  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starsoid and anyone else that is taking coq010 what dose were you recommended to take?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoid View Post
    All going well you'll be preggers in no time! Apparently it's quite normal for it to take "up to 12 months" for a healthy couple, though, so don't let it worry you too much if it takes a little while. I'm sure you'll be fine. Wishing you all the best!
    Thanks Starsoid! Day 29 today, 11DPO and still no AF. Dull ache down below, cervix is very high and very soft so no idea what is going on.

we both get our BFP's very soon!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emsy82 For This Useful Post:

Staaz  (10-10-2013)